what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
I saw 5800 yen on smash japan and it was marh 7th or 8th.
If you guys go and I can't... YOU SUCK!
bad point about living in Nags... bands usually skip us coz the crowds suck \:\(
Same for Hiroshima mate! But I'll venture out for a good band.

Kiss Clublife Summer 2000.

Funny how these new music machines just throw music at you that you. I can't even remember how this one got on there! I sure didn't buy it. Some quite groovy tracks going on though.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i've heard some of miss kitten, not the others though, i'll check em out, thanks.

are you using electro as short for electo-clash? cos electro to me is old skool, like kraftwerk, herbie hancock, afrika bombatta, although there's a resurgence in electro been going for a while now, but i think of electro-clash as different, more 80s new romantic/synth pop influenced, but with 00s production values.

have you seen this site? very comprehensive & quite funny also. he actually give electro-clash (or synthtron) a caning!

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Quote:
Originally posted by _spud:

Hey Low P Lover.

I reckon fischerspooner have never been surpassed as the fathers of electro.

If you like electro and have a small dark edge inside of you then look for a duo called Adult or a bit lighter, Miss Kittin.

100th Window? I like to listen to it sometimes. Prefer others though.

I really like their brooding electronic general sound that they produce though, my kind of thing. They could just do with a bit some good vocals, maybe a bit more melody at times \:\)

You might want to try Recoil as well if you like Massive Attack. Recoil is basically Alan Wilder (he was a member of Depeche Mode for a long time and pretty much responsible for the production and sound of DM on Violator and Songs of Faith And Devotion \:D ). Recoil has the same kind of production values as DM & Massive Attack - unfortunately also suffering on the vocals and melody front in the same kind of way MA are, much less traditional 'pop'-style songs than Depeche.