what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

There are so many mix and club compilation CDs out in the UK at the moment it's really hard to keep up with them. Lots of them very samey.

But I heard one though recently that was pretty good, can't remember the name I'll have to dig that up.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
I bought a new Neil Young album today and it is close to being shit. Can you take a CD back because you don't like it?
I've given Neil Young a try many times, i end up with a headache every time.

Anyway yesterday i bought Brian Eno's Another Day On Earth (2005)

Eno is 58 years old now, so i guess i have to forgive him that he is crossing his own tracks from the 70's but he has managed to add some new sounds to his surreal style, he is crisp and clear - and dangerous \:\)

Neil Young is genius!

Im listening to the following at the moment:

Arctic Monkeys (like The Streets, edgy but with great riffs. Massive in the UK this year. This year's Oasis/The Verve etc)

Portishead - 'Alien'

Nizlopi - A bit like Billy Bragg but his songs grow on you. Singer songwriter, a la Beth Orton, David Gray etc but better.

Rufus Wainwright - amazing canadian pianist/singer with epic voice a la Jeff Buckley. Overtly homosexual lyrics.

Jose Gonzales - monotone drones a la Red House Painters. Fashionable following use of their song on some advert (I think it was Gap or Nissan).

people in planes - joaquin phoenix just directed their music video. they are welsh and pretty good.

pilotdrift - the singer kinda sounds like matt belamy from muse but the music is cool, lots of instruments and funky parts.

now listening to kruder and dorfmeister - good chill out music.

also have to defend neil young. his voice may be a tad painful at times, but he writes awesome songs. crosby, stills, nash and young are really good to listen to.

next up on the playlist is buddha bar. mellow mood tonight...

i only just heard of them from a buddy but i downloaded cafe del mar and a few other random tracks from various albums.

dj food is also pretty sweet - i like most anything done by ninja tunes, but i saw dj food in victoria (BC, Canada) - the solid steel component of dj food - and they put on a killer show.

"now, listen" is one of my favorite CDs ever...

why, what Kruder and Dorfmeister do you recommend, window-cleaner?