what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Thanks for the heads up Goemon. I have a couple of Bonobo mixes lying around on my PC I think. I need to get myself to a good music shop.

"Brothers in Arms" eh? Blast from the past. I quite like Dire Strait's hyperbolic narrative style. That song was played at the funeral of a bloke I knew in the Army. The hapless prat was abseiling down a cliff but had not calculated the length of rope required, so he abseiled off into space and had a weepy Dire Straits funeral.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought:

LTJ Bukem - Journey Inwards

Good listening for work. Coupla duds on the double CD, but otherwise good value.

Asian Dub Foundation - Enemy of the Enemy

Angry British Pakistani youf have some interesting lyrics, especially so after the Tube attacks. I think they may qualify as terrorists. That's all very well, but I prefer the more Asian asian tracks with tabla. Quite partial to a bit of tabla I am.

Ministry of Sound - Clubber's Guide Vol.1

Pure shit. Really, really boring. Last time I have anything to do with MoS (not that I've heard anything good from them...) I'll sell this double CD as soon as I can.

Currently listening to Virgin Radio online, dunno why just felt like listening to it.

CD wise - David Gray - Life in Slow Motion is on pretty heavy rotation.

Led Zep - How The West Was One - an amzing live album just for disc 1 but combined with disc 2 & 3 it's simply breathtaking.

LCD Soundsystem - great little album full of massive tunes.

Carpenters CD at the mo which I found in a shop today. Their songs worked to improve my English pronounciation.

Do you listen to any J-songs and do they work to improve your Japanese?

I think listening to songs and following them by singing together works really good because you are to sing same songs over and over which you usually do in some language school.

John Butler Trio

Xavier Rudd

and always Grinspoon.

Just saw all these 3 acts at the pyramid rock fest over new years and JBT & Rudd were new to me besides some of their songs played on the J's and totally blew me away ( and the rest 13-15,000 people there!)

Grinspoon, Like a good red, just keep getting better with age!

Tokyo & Kansai crew, JBT playing in March 8 & 9 i think.... go see it! spewing I can't get there..

Dead cat! Ha, funnily enough they didn't play the song! we were all screaming for it though!

Have you heard new detention or thrills, kills & sunday pills albums?

CB, I got a heap of JBT stuff, still trying to get to te osaka gig, but looking like a no go...

Kaiser Chiefs - my god it is boring. The sound belongs to the 80's.

Back to Bedlum by James Blunt is not bad but I bought a CD to be entertained, not to feel like at a funeral all the time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
JTB in Osaka?? Keep me posted CB. I might even venture out of my hole in Hiroshima for that!

No Indosnm, I haven't heard any new stuff of theirs? Still a similar sound?
Mate, you know youd head straight to Kyoto so dont even give me any of that BS!!! :p