what's everybody listening to now?

Originally Posted By: KevKastle
I kind of liked the first 2 Linkin Park albums.

The new one is surely taking the piss.
It's got about 6 half-baked and for the most part tuneless tunes on it, with lifeless "instrumentals" in between the tracks, along with lots of famous (?) and very annoying speeches. The speeches are annoying the first time, can't imagine having to listen through that lot many times. Very very bad idea.

The whole thing is laughably bad. What the frick happened?!

Agree with that.
Utter bollocks.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I quite liked some of Linkin Park too, the non shouty melodic bits. Keen to hear this new one.

New OMD album out this week. Never really loved them but keen to hear.

Human League are going to be releasing an album soon too. Hopefully tons of Phil and none of the girls!

Review on amazon lol

The band Linkin Park passed away Sept. 14, with the release of its latest album, "A Thousand Suns." The cause of death was an acute case of identity crisis further complicated by fan rejection and the mishandling of practices by Dr. Rick Rubin (a malpractice suit is expected in the near future).

Linkin Park was born in 1996 and rose to international fame in 2000 with the release of its album "Hybrid Theory." A hit sophomore effort titled "Meteora" followed in 2003, along with several remix and mash-up albums.

In 2006, Linkin Park was diagnosed with a condition known as "selling out," which was accompanied by symptoms such as ditching their signature sound and moving partially into the realm of emo rock. The band's third album, "Minutes to Midnight," yielded a few stand-out tracks (such as "Bleed it Out" and "No More Sorrow") but was widely considered a disappointment when compared to the band's previous work.

Linkin Park's unfortunate demise followed in late-2010, a few months after it announced the release of its latest album, "A Thousand Suns." Teaming again with producer Rubin, "Suns" is an abject failure with no cohesion and -- worse -- only nine tracks interspersed with filler "interludes" that fail to connect with the listener. Songs like "When They Come for Me," "Waiting for the End" and "Wretches and Kings" are particularly painful, having been composed during the band's final death throes. The fact that "The Catalyst" -- a weak song by normal standards -- is the album's best track was the first sign that Linkin Park's death was imminent.

Linkin Park is survived by the dozens of nu-rock bands that it helped to influence and by the millions of fans who remember when the band was still creating powerful, affecting music.

Be warned: Buying "A Thousand Suns" is not only a waste of money, but may also result in contracting the above-mentioned diseases yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Paramore concert on Sunday - they are good, but the venue is a fairly intimate one (which is good) and the volume was at a level more suited to a large venue - which detracted from the concert. It really distorted the songs a lot.

Is this only going to get worse with the deafened iPod wearing generation, or was it just an oddity? All the other concerts I have been to have been super loud, but not to this level.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Went to the Paramore concert on Sunday - they are good, but the venue is a fairly intimate one (which is good) and the volume was at a level more suited to a large venue - which detracted from the concert. It really distorted the songs a lot.

Is this only going to get worse with the deafened iPod wearing generation, or was it just an oddity? All the other concerts I have been to have been super loud, but not to this level.

Hey Mamabear, the issue is that all music venues in Perth are pretty poor. Saw Tame Impala on Friday, the ground floor was 2/3 seated!!! it killed the astmosphere as 1/2 the apathetic crowd sat down. And most of the people standing up were just chatting to each other...or getting "loose".