what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know how to attach YouTube-type clips (luddite not), but I recently rediscovered an Aussie 1960's icon who still has an amazing voice - Russell Morris. (Sweet Sweet Love, Wings of an Eagle, Hush, The Real Thing, etc).

Check out his vocal range on Sweet Sweet Love (2007 live version), and some great 12-string guitar work on Hush (2007 live version at the 3 minute mark) - then compare to the swingin' '60's versions when he was a skinny kid. worship

• 2 weeks later...

The other thread mentioned Talk Talk so this morning I have had a few of their albums on. They sure changed style each record. I really like the first few with The Colour of Spring the best.

I'm looking forward to getting Influence by the Art of Noise. A remastered compilation with a second disc of unreleased which is getting some good reviews.

I might get that, the Art of Noise.

Liked them, don't have any of their cds.

Still like CDs myself, old fart I must be. Will get in England when I'm back.

I like CDs. I like the thing in my hand, the artwork, the tiny print on the pamphlet. If you don't have that, it's like you downloaded the song from a pirate.

But you need to have space to store all the CDs.

And it is such a joy when you open the dusty old box full of CDs and rummage through like going through old toys.

I've still got some vinyl stored at my sister's place in England I think. That's assuming she no sell for cash.

Couldnt agree more with buying CDs over down-loading.

I like to know produced the CD and if there were any guests whom I may know. Also I like reading the Thanks list.

Real artists and bands will sometimes sit down for hours to work out the track order, the album will tell a story and tracks are selected to follow one another so they compliment the mood of the album. Alot of modern production is for the quick $$$$$ single and it makes me cry.

I have been listening to 'The Temper Trap' a fair bit recently...off to see them live on Thursday so pretty excited, also stopped listening to the radio so I didnt get annoyed with them being over-played.

Originally Posted By: sanjo
Me too.

Are itunes and other legit downloads now the same quality as CDs?

Short answer is no. But for most people the difference will not be audible. If you have some high-end audio equipment and played the same track from CD and download you might notice that the CD track has more depth 'warmth' to it.

MP3 allows track file sizes to be reduced by removing layers of data which are not audible.

yeah I don't care so much....download all the way for me. Although I understand what you're saying about the album being a "story", I rarely listen to a whole album in order. I just wanna listen to the songs I like, usually have my ipod dock on shuffle

Originally Posted By: Schneebored
Originally Posted By: sanjo
Me too.

Are itunes and other legit downloads now the same quality as CDs?

Short answer is no. But for most people the difference will not be audible. If you have some high-end audio equipment and played the same track from CD and download you might notice that the CD track has more depth 'warmth' to it.

MP3 allows track file sizes to be reduced by removing layers of data which are not audible.

The ones I downloaded a few years back were clearly inferior.