SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
yamayamayama

Good movies you've seen recently

Top chess players often kick each other under the table. Or so the rumour goes. There's also a new film about Kasparov vs. Deep Blue, but I've not seen it.

The last film I saw was Downfall (Untergang), the one about Hitlers last few days in the bunker. It was recommended to me by my old dear and supplied by some naughty site on the Intarweb. It's definitely worth seeing.

Is Donnie Darko worth seeing?

I saw the first 10 minutes of My Big Fat Totally Unfunny Greek Wedding last night, before I turned it off and read a book instead.

I liked it. It seems to be a generally liked movie - in a good way, not a blockbuster summer movie way, if you know what I mean.

It might be worth drinking a lot of alcohol before watching though.

I thought Big Fat Greek blah blah blah was a pile of poo. Donnie Darko on the other had is brilliant Ocean, and I recommend you see it with much haste. Love the soundtrack!

Big Fat was and is utter dross. It was fairly obvious it would be before sitting down to watch it though, wasn't it...? ;\)

DD is definitely worth a watch Ocean11.

I've heard really good things about Friday Night Lights as well, really want to see it. Even if you hate American football, you can still enjoy this one.

I saw Sideways as well recently, wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it. Probably the best this year so far.

I recently watched "Touching the Void". I wasn't too sure about it to begin with, but ended up really enjoying it. Pretty full on, but a good watch. It's based on a true story which always adds a bit to a movie.

Sin City.

It's got Bruce Willis in it, but don't let that put you off.

PeeWee's Big Adventure

Watched it last night and I have to say I was surprised. It was alright. Tim Burton did a good job and I was amused for the 90-100 minutes that the movie was on.

I watched Basic Instinct last night, first time in a while I quite enjoyed it in a lightweight kinda way. Sharon Stone really gets into that bouncing up and down on Michael Douglas. I read also that they are making a follow up to it right now, this time without MD.

Yeah slow whale rider was all class. New Zealand folk know how to make a good powerful story.

Me too, I saw that also it was very good.

New Zealand looks beautiful place. What are NZ town and city like?

Quote:
Is Donnie Darko worth seeing?
Definitely worth it. One of my favorite scenes ever from a movie was in DD. The scene when it's all slow-mo and 'everybody wants to rule the world' is playing. Brilliant for a first time director!

I just finished watching the Sci-Fi Channels 'Dune' TV Movie. It was really good. Some of the sets and computer work were cheesy as hell, but all in all, solid. Way better than the original Dune movie and not nearly as confusing (I've read the books too).

Also watched 'The Majestic' with Jim Carey today. Not bad at all. A bit predictable, but worth the time to watch.

A friend of mine dropped off his DVD case with over 200 movies in it Friday eve. Good to have friends like that when you're stuck at home for a month!

Echi, NZ towns and cities arent much different from any other country in the world...just a lot more New Zealanders \:\) Oh and I guess they arent as big either. Oha and Whale Rider was filmed about 20 minutes up the road from my familys house. Used to go swimming at that beach all the time when I was a youngin!

Always had a weak spot for vampyres and Zombies.

George A. Romeo's movies are great (fact)

I had low expectations for the remake of his classic "Dawn Of The Dead"

But i was surprised, GREAT STUFF!!!!!!

(surprisingly)Good acting, caracters were actually beliveable, some good laughs, a fair amount of blood, no computer special effects, and a great soundtrack!

up-dawn_of_the_dead.jpg

And isn't Romeo going in and making a new one - the 4th in his Dead series?

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.