what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

The new Royksopp one sounded pretty decent on first listen.

Got bong40 today! Yipeeee.

----

Interesting:

How far would you go for charity? It used to be considered gallant to sit in a bath of baked beans to raise money, but Pet Shop Boys have been asked to go one step further. Animal rights group Peta have approached them, requesting that the band change their name to the Rescue Shelter Boys, as a protest against the cruel conditions of many pet shops.

"Dear Neil and Chris," begins the letter from Peta Europe, "You have many loyal fans of the Pet Shop Boys here at Peta. We have a request that may at first seem bizarre, but we hope that after considering the following facts, you will understand why we are asking this of you: will you please consider changing your name from the Pet Shop Boys to the Rescue Shelter Boys?" Well, it certainly makes those baked beans seem insignificant.

According to Peta representative Yvonne Taylor, the cuddly image of the pet shop is one that belies the often terrible conditions dogs, cats and even hamsters have to suffer while living in them. "With an emphasis on quantity rather than quality," Taylor writes, "unmonitored genetic defects and personality disorders pass from one generation of puppies and kittens to the next. Many animals end up with abnormalities that result in both heartbreak and high veterinary bills for the unsuspecting people who buy them."

The letter, posted on Pet Shop Boys' website, continues to paint a thoroughly bleak picture of the reality of pet shops before cunningly suggesting that "agreeing to change your name to the Rescue Shelter Boys, you would help raise awareness about the cruelty involved in the pet trade and encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter. So, what do you say?"

Sadly, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe could not comply with Peta's request. But according to a post on their website, they do think the request "raises an issue worth thinking about".

As Amazon delivers that...

Morten Harkets 2 solo albums are really good, especially last years Letters from Egypt. Good songs, good late night moody acoustic. Love his voice. (And he's a dish too).

I like that.

Originally Posted By: HighlyTrainedExNovaTeacher
the new DM one is very retro analogue synth sounding. bit too much if you ask me.

I've had the Japanese CD version since Monday and been listening to it on my 5.1 system. There's definitely a lot of old gear used mixed in with the new. I'm liking it a lot, but not totally formed my opinion yet. They always need a week or so to filter in. It's definitely DM though. wink

The Box Set should be with my Friday or Saturday and from what some friends have said some of the tracks on there are better than on the album. Can't wait to hear all those demos too.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few weeks I'm officially disappointed in my most looked forward to of the year. Production issues, too much retro, the singer demanding his less-than-brillian efforts being included and shockingly even MLG's songwriting skills perhaps past peak. And it's perhaps the first time I actually dislike (a lot) one of their singles. Sad. sadface I don't not like it as a whole, just can't help being disappointed.

I really do like the new Royksopp album though, I think that one's great.

Dave Gahan taken ill literally minutes before due to go onstage in Athens two nights ago - the lights had even gone down. A few dates cancelled, lots of uncertainty and lots of unofficial stuff going round (official is some stomach complaint) but all very worrying.

:(

Obviously a person being ill is a big concern.

Bet the insurance on that kind of thing is a huge nightmare.

Friend gave me CD of a band called Black Room. I think they are from Norway. Some good songs on there.