what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Have kinda given up recently to music - dunno why but find it a bit staid right now :S

me too - apart from listening to the kids cd's in the car.
What i have found is Audio Books....great! Going through wilbur smith this year

I can't imagine that. I love music, I need to listen to it all the time, I still get really excited about new music.

I like MGMT too BofC. Interesting album that.

Don't get me wrong - LOVE listening to music - but finding more and more often now that am not excited by most releases :S. It's been a while since I have rushed out to buy a new album.

Must admit that I have been disappointed with quite a few of the recent albums I have bought. Must be something to do with being older and the artists I like being older and, er, not as good as they used to be. lol

• 2 weeks later...

New Pet Shop Boys album - some good songs on there but just a bit too poppy and light for my liking. Some good remixes on the extra disc though, apparently inspired by the brilliant Love & Dancing remix album by The Human League.

I need some darkness in my pop. Hopefully next months album will provide me with that. biggrin

Yes I know. It's going to be difficult, but I will resist! As much as I want to hear it, going to wait until I have the nice shiny CD in my hands to listen to on my player.

Reading all the reviews though wink

v, ok I have it. Here's my mini-review.

In Chains and Corrupt - these tracks are brilliant, classic dark brooding DM sounding.

Peace - electronic Beatles?

Jezebel - what was MLGore thinking?

In general it's very electronic sounding, there's lots of fairly retro sounding synths on there mixed in with guitar making for a curious sounding album.

It's not instant will need time to grow I reckon. Which is probably a good thing.

Can you resist? wink