what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I'm not into this kind of music, but I like his idea re: loudness. DM have just finished recording their new album due for release in April. I just hope it has some dynamics this time rather than this annoying loud/compressed thing going on now.

>>>>

We're giving away a new 2 disk set to all current members of my fan club, The People's Front Of Judea and to anyone who joins the fan club before Feb 15th.

As you may have noticed, records have been getting louder and more compressed over the last ten years or so. Many like a loud record, many do not. The official version of "Way To Normal" is very loud and this was the intention. Loud records sound good on car stereos, iPods and on the radio. Quieter records are more dynamic and while they don't compete so well on a mix tape, they often sound better on good audio equipment.

Many of my fans are audiophiles and there have been requests for an alternate less compressed version of Way To Normal to be made available.

Although I stand behind the official version of this album and have the utmost respect for the producer and engineers involved, I'm a populist at heart and saw no reason not to provide a slightly different approach for those who prefer more old fashioned dynamics along with a sequence that builds.

And so we have "Way To Normal: Stems and Seeds" - two disks. One disk is a remix, remaster, re-sequence of "Way To Normal" along with the now legendary (in our own minds) 'fake' tracks, the Japanese version of "Hiroshima", the Conan Rehearsal of "You Don't Know Me" and the Piano Orchestra version of "Cologne" - a total of 20 tracks.

The other is a disk of files, called stems, which will pop up in Garageband and allow you to mix the album yourselves. Just click on the file of the song you want to mix and you'll quickly understand how it works.

If you'd like to turn the drums off or down, or if you want to use loops or turn that damn singer off and sing it yourself, its all possible. We've included extra loops with the song "You Don't Know Me" hoping someone could maybe come along and make a hit out of this song.

Yours,

Ben Folds

Anyone heard the most recent chili peppers CD? Thinking about picking it up but I've heard the mix is too loud and not very good but I've heard the music is thier best.

Also, Blueberry Cave by Garaj Mahal is excellent for anyone who likes modern funk/fusion jam music.

Yeah, Stadium Arcadium. (I'm a little behind I suppose...) Thought it was not all that different from By the Way but then I heard that the Chilli Peppers thought it was the best stuff they've ever done.

• 3 weeks later...

To add to the Presets & Cut Copy.. Van She & Empire of the Sun are getting some playtime. My kids are digging it all and love Pnau "Wild Strawberries". Funny film clip for them, which has influenced their decision!

Originally Posted By: veronica
Only found out about this yesterday.

He's just so totally hot, even now. Can't believe how young he seems to be getting, 46 years old! veryshocked ( confused )
Oh yeah, best voice too.

Never heard of that one veronica.

He sure looks better (and younger) than he did around Devotional around 94. Not bad for someone who was dead.

200652722.59.08DaveilrockerVI.jpg