what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I think Thursday was just being his usual sarky self Brit-Gob \:\)

And thanks, that was exactly my point. I hate a lot of music that is out there, but am more than happy for others to like it. I just don't get music snobs who insist that anything that doesn't fit their idea of cool should be looked down upon, and that includes those with the obvious lack of sense/taste who like the apparent "shite".

I hope we weren't too hard on Maroon 5. I find them unexciting, but that's about as strong a negative opinion as you'll hear from me. (Oh yeah... I slagged Sting a while back too. Oops. ;\) I like a lot of his stuff.)

I listen to as much music as possibly but I'm not a musical snob. Not at all. Nope

..."M-chan, do you think I'm a musical snob?"

"Yeah.... Oh yeah.... No doubt. You THINK you're more musical than anyone on this planet. In this Universe! 'Do you think I'm a musical snob?' ha ha ha"

Oops.

Went to see the Mission last week they were really good.

Always loved this song, they didn't play it.

Try to ignore the horrendous goths, best to close your eyes. They are funny to look at but don't quite go with the song!

Thursday also put me onto Songs From The Big Chair by Tears For Fears (remember our banter in the shout box?) Well I went to listen to it, I know I used to love it - and it stands up really well. Apart from a few silly lyrics, it doesn't sound dated much and there's some top songs.

\:\)

I'm going to raid some other old lps tomorrow I think.

Much better than the new LP album. I think it is ok but they've lost what they were good at and sound like lots of other bands now. The Chester / Mike thing and Mr Hahn have been abandoned, sad.

I have heard the first single from it and I thought it was quite annoying. He's gone wild on the mandolin. The album is supposed to be quite chirpy compared to recent material he has done.

i haven't heard it, but the reviews are pretty lukewarm.

a friend once told me (and i agree) that the beatles are dying in order of coolness.

john and george are gone. ringo will be next, and we'll be stuck with macca for the rest of eternity.

anyone got the latest on his divorce scandal?

Thanks. I was afraid of that. He was a great songwriter with Lennon there to scrape off the syrup. Post-Beatles, he's done nothing which appeals to me.

The coulth comment is a pretty fair assesment.

Crowded House back together? Didn't they do an emotional "Farewell" concert just a few years back. Anyway I quite liked some of their songs and some of the solo stuff Neil Finn did as well.