• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me sum up this thread....  

Niseko put Japan on the map as a viable ski destination for Westerners. Many people try to be cool by staying on the fringes and avoiding anything mainstream. Niseko is now mainstream so people will b

And here ends this thread.

Was thinking about this and the reactions earlier.

I skied at Zermatt, Switzerland one May 3-4 years ago. Had a good time with great company. But only two lifts open, full freight, and didn't get to see the Matterhorn. So my expectations as offered by Zermatt and tour companies wasn't met.

Conversely the shouts of 'that could be anywhere in Japan / the world' actually reinforce why people go to the Niseko Resort Area.

It's because what you associate the good days are at the resort you're most familiar with are close to the norm up here.

That's not showing off. That's how it is.

And if your aim is to get a photo of yourself with Yotei in the background then you may catch it in December, January and early Feb. But to be sure come in March and April.

And yes there are the unfortunate few who arrive in Hirafu to rain and boilerplate, But you know what, they most probably get that wherever they go ;)

• Like 1

Really, no disrespect intended to any individual, and a general comment but...

You shouldn't expect someone who is based in a place and has interests there - directly or otherwise - to do anything other than talk a place up. Some more than others.

Intentionally or not, actually true things or not, unfortunately that's just what happens. It just does. Only in rare cases does it not.

(Hakuba, Niseko, wherever)

Every year there is Niseko bashing. Can't for one year, just leave it alone?

Can someone kindly show me a link to some of this?

I have been here for a number of years, and I can't remember any particular 'Niseko bashing'.

If anything, I'd actually say that overall there had been more 'Hakuba bashing', if indeed there had been that much bashing at all., in the big picture.

It's a discussion forum, isn't it?

:confused: