• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me sum up this thread....  

Niseko put Japan on the map as a viable ski destination for Westerners. Many people try to be cool by staying on the fringes and avoiding anything mainstream. Niseko is now mainstream so people will b

And here ends this thread.

I'm really not sure how this whole discussion got onto the idea that people who go to Niseko only go to Niseko anyway.

No one said that.

Well a large amount of discussion has been about how people who only go to Niseko are supposedly missing out on so much (and are sheep, skittish, stay within comfort zone, etc). Maybe you haven't been following...

I'm really not sure how this whole discussion got onto the idea that people who go to Niseko only go to Niseko anyway.

No one said that.

Well a large amount of discussion has been about how people who only go to Niseko are supposedly missing out on so much (and are sheep, skittish, stay within comfort zone, etc). Maybe you haven't been following...

Yes I have been following closely actually.

You're just continually stretching and manipulating other peoples comments and putting new spins on them to suit your rather one-tracked 'argument'. Making stuff up basically.

I think you're just enjoying stirring things up.

The south pole of Mars looks to have some nice slopes. Would have to be the driest snow in the solar system! Although Hakuba types would probably prefer the north pole, it's much steeper :D

Seems to me people are arguing their corner, but sometimes about different things.

One corner is the 'Niseko sheep' of the original post & subject.

The other corner which seems to have evolved is the 'one place all the time' thing - but it can be said about any ski town, not just Niseko. And the people making that argument aren't necessarily meaning Niseko.

As for Niseko bashing. I certainly can't see it! No more than any other place, and this is a discussion forum is it not.

People making stuff up and taking comments out of context or just giving them completely different meanings than intended only clouds the issues, and as someone else said is just simply disingenuous.

Pretty picture Chriselle.

My abstract of all the important bits:

The snow in Japan is awesome.

Playing in the snow anywhere in the world is a good thing.

The services/accomodation etc in Niseko are good and appeal to a lot of Western Visitors.

Niseko is not the only resort in Japan worth visiting.

Some people like variety, some like familiarity, some like a mix of both.

The shred preferences of others won't concern you if you are getting enough turns yourself.

The OP has been a successful fisherman, but it's cheating when you drop a loaded line into a densely populated breeding pool.

Solution to all the worlds ills? Go carve up some Japow.

And you never see people who love skiing at Niseko ever bag out those who love skiing elsewhere in Japan do you?

Yes, you most certainly do.

Show one post I have ever made disparaging comments about people wanting to ski in another area of Japan. Just one.

Just to clear that up, "Yes, you most certainly do (get people who love skiing at Niseko who bag others who love skiing elsewhere in Japan)". Seems like a mouthfeel and I didn't think I needed to write all that. I wasn't saying anything about you personally GN.

On here, BM?

I know there have been some epic Hakuba vs Niseko threads (which are just silly because both destinations rock) - But actual Niseko faithfuls having a crack at those who choose to play in playgrounds other than thier own? Not sure I have ever seen it during my time here.

We went to Niseko because it was a great introduction to Japan and people who had been there had good snowfall which is the whole reason you go away on a snow holiday.

So it was a safe bet and yes I was a sheep and had family who had never been os.

I think that everyone should go there as it is awesome.

Good place to party aswell.

I think I will go there every year for the rest of my life.

Seemore :friend:

Now elderly couple who live up the road from my parents go back to the same hotel in Cornwall every single year. 30+ years now.

Sounds more than slightly ridiculous to me and my parents who still go a different place every year however much they like somewhere, but they obviously like it!

The original subject wasn't meant to be 'offensive'.

I can only imagine that if someone actually took offense, they did so only because it touched some raw nerve and somehow perhaps they might be a bit embarrassed. But seriously, taking offense.... bit childish isn't it?

I stand by the comment, some people go because they are sheep following the pack.

nice vid Tex......but terrible song!! The vocals are extremely grating.

Not my Vid Tubby, so the music was someone elses fault :D (though I kinda like it).

Seeing as how you asked for it :confused: here is one of mine. How is your Austrian/German? :sj-lol: and perhaps this makes the point beter @tokyo :p ;) :sj-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJn424ejEuI&feature=g-crec-u

Not really at all, Tex.

Nice vid, but that could also be lots of different places in Japan.

I don't know what you are trying to prove with that....

Edit: Perhaps demonstrating something interesring about how some people think about Niseko in comparison with other places they have not been to.

* disclaimers - I am not saying that Tex has only been to Niseko, I am not saying that everyone who goes to Niseko only goes to Niseko. Etc.