• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me sum up this thread....  

Niseko put Japan on the map as a viable ski destination for Westerners. Many people try to be cool by staying on the fringes and avoiding anything mainstream. Niseko is now mainstream so people will b

And here ends this thread.

Two visits to Niseko, a couple weeks in January in 06 and 07, and the place was great!

But ... we decided to branch out, try new pastures (as sheep sometimes do) and did a 2 week trip to Furano in 08, another couple to Nozawa Onsen in 09, then a couple at Myoko Kogen in 11. Missed 12 because of leave issues with my work but back to Myoko again for 13. We did a "gardens" tour of Kyoto in Oct 09, so skipped the slide for 10.

I'd have no issues with going back to any of these places, but want to see some more, experience some different places, so likely to go elsewhere for next season's trip. Never know, might even make it to Canuk territory!

Bucket list ... hell that's a thread all its own! <runs off to start it> :wave:

But yours was just absolutely marvellous, Black Mo8untain. Well done!

;)

But seriously, this:

As long as there are more people getting out there and loving the snow, who cares where they do it?

I'm sure it was obvious that I wasn't trying to be considerate... although I was being honest about my feelings. I was also being honest that I thought MB's post was very considerate.

BhwGO.gif

Don't you like my sheep, Chriselle.

:(

Personally, I really like sheep. But I probably prefer cows, overall.

Haha...yes, I was actually trying to post my favorite llama GIF sequence but my connection is too slow today for some reason... :thumbsup:

Jumping into the marketing hype by saying you go there because of 'the driest most consistent deepest most excellent blowjob snow in Japan' when you have no real basis for comparison is just strange to me.

It's not marketing hype when it's just the facts. If you've forgotten MB I majored in meteorology at uni and couple this with my lifelong passion for snow and snowsports there's barely a ski area in the world that I don't know the average snowfall stats for. To be honest there's hardly anywhere in the world I don't know a whole lot of useless meteorological facts about especially if they relate to snow. Plus I have skied at many resorts in a number of countries including the heights of the Indian Himalaya and a season working for a heli-ski company in Revelstoke, BC. It's not like my only comparison to Niseko is Australian snow! What real basis for comparison does one need in your book? Can we only say that Niseko has some of the the most consistent powder snow on the planet if we've also skied at Myoko for comparison? :sj-lol:

I'm sure Myoko, Hakuba and all the other areas on Honshu are great and I definitely intend on going in the future but what am I really missing out on if I don't go to them? Beyond some new terrain to explore (which would be great but I could spend the remainder of my life in Hokkaido and still not ski all the terrain on offer there) what am I missing out on?

• SnowJapan Admin

OK this is getting rather personal and offensive now.

Few posts deleted.

If we delete a post, it does not mean that we want you to re-post it again.

Thanks.

It's not marketing hype when it's just the facts. If you've forgotten MB I majored in meteorology at uni and couple this with my lifelong passion for snow and snowsports there's barely a ski area in the world that I don't know the average snowfall stats for. To be honest there's hardly anywhere in the world I don't know a whole lot of useless meteorological facts about especially if they relate to snow. Plus I have skied at many resorts in a number of countries including the heights of the Indian Himalaya and a season working for a heli-ski company in Revelstoke, BC. It's not like my only comparison to Niseko is Australian snow! What real basis for comparison does one need in your book? Can we only say that Niseko has some of the the most consistent powder snow on the planet if we've also skied at Myoko for comparison? :sj-lol:

I'm sure Myoko, Hakuba and all the other areas on Honshu are great and I definitely intend on going in the future but what am I really missing out on if I don't go to them? Beyond some new terrain to explore (which would be great but I could spend the remainder of my life in Hokkaido and still not ski all the terrain on offer there) what am I missing out on?

I've never doubted your knowledge of meteorology and quite respect the fact that you have devoted your education towards it. Honestly though, I don't care about how other countries resorts stack up to Niseko (maybe you've forgotten I was born in a snow bank in snowy Canada...) and I've been pretty clear in the past that I think the only truly valid comparisons are other resorts in Japan (which includes a lot of places aside from Myoko). The fact is, snow in Japan is pretty special but those who only ever go to Niseko will never find that out.

• Like 1

:lol:

Get off your stage, man., and untwist you knickers,

It's a forums discussion board where people can, like, discuss things if they want and have opinions.

people can, like, discuss things if they want and have opinions-in complete agreement with you.

Your addition to this thread has been name calling :thumbsup:

Sorry mate, I must have missed the guidelines regarding required the specifications of each and every post.

If you show me where they are, I'll give them a read over.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1