• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me sum up this thread....  

Niseko put Japan on the map as a viable ski destination for Westerners. Many people try to be cool by staying on the fringes and avoiding anything mainstream. Niseko is now mainstream so people will b

And here ends this thread.

Muika, surely you of all people should realize that I cut the very first trails on Mt Granview more than a century ago. It was tough work, using a pocket knife on those 5,000-year-old giant sequoias, I'll tell you. Especially in mid-winter with the snow 50-meters deep. I'd sweat out a full case of Aki-Aji every 10 minutes, even working naked in the -75 C chill. Worth it, though, to see the smiles on the faces of the little tots soaring half a kilometer and more off the ski jump (I understand that's since been torn down in favor of some newfangled half-pipe thing -- damn boarders!)

Not my Vid Tubby, so the music was someone elses fault :D (though I kinda like it).

Seeing as how you asked for it :confused: here is one of mine. How is your Austrian/German? :sj-lol: and perhaps this makes the point beter @tokyo :p ;) :sj-lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJn424ejEuI&feature=g-crec-u

pug.gif

Here's one that also could be any number of resorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyT9ddjtv3Y

(I used to have a pug... I love this gif!)

The original subject wasn't meant to be 'offensive'.

I can only imagine that if someone actually took offense, they did so only because it touched some raw nerve and somehow perhaps they might be a bit embarrassed. But seriously, taking offense.... bit childish isn't it?

:lol:

I was the one that mentioned that it sounded quite offensive to refer to people as sheep.

I was certainly not personally offended.

A raw nerve? Embarrassed? :lol:

I got nothing to have a raw nerve exposed or to be embarrassed about.

I go where I want and a relatively short love affair with snow sports has led me to many fabulous ski resorts far and wide.

I've been luckier than most with the last 7 years of snow chasing.

I simply believe that using a derogatory term like sheep in the initial subject was inflammatory.

I stand by the comment, some people go because they are sheep following the pack.

^ see... That sounds awful.

So when the loves shown to Chamonix (or Whistler, or Zermatt, or Banff, or Verbier...). Some people go once, some people go every year, and some people go more than once while also going elsewhere as well ---> are all those people 'sheep' as well? Or is Niseko special and unique in this regard?

Do you get excused from being labelled a sheep if you restrict yourself to only one Niseko visit?

Or do you have to visit only resorts off the beaten track to avoid being a sheep?

Or is the label of Niseko sheep reserved for those that have only ever, yet repeatedly, visited Niseko?

For someone who just likes getting amongst it on and off the snowy pistes in whatever country I happen to be in I find this whole concept bizarre. Ski, board or telemark - whatever gives you your buzz - wherever you want to.

Let me sum up this thread.... :wave:

SJtrolled.jpg

LOL im on the farkn ground with hysterics!

Best post Ive ever seen on the internet!

It's not that good.

but for me it is, perhaps that is the moral of this thread.

For someone who just likes getting amongst it on and off the snowy pistes in whatever country I happen to be in I find this whole concept bizarre. Ski, board or telemark - whatever gives you your buzz - wherever you want to.

With you on that!!

If going to Niseko for my first Japan trip makes me a sheep then I have only one thing to say ...

BAAAAAAAAAAA! :rolleyes: :bumtish:

Gozaimaas.....I could add your name too if you like.....you'll have to add some silly comment to swim with the big fish though..... :wave:

Just kidding folks.... ;)

Seriously for a second though...I'm just glad we can argue about the little things... and not dealing with real issues like rockets and mortar shells falling on our heads... :shifty:

Seriously for a second though...I'm just glad we can argue about the little things... and not dealing with real issues like rockets and mortar shells falling on our heads... :shifty:

Preaching to the choir! ;)

Gods honest truth if I am lucky enough to be able to "baaaaaaaaa" this season, I will be celebrating big time.

I have been very unwell this week, had an emergency admission to hospital, and not yet going much further than my bedroom - hell if it took wearing one of GNs skiing sheep shirts to my health back on track, I'm in!