The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

did anyone see those large fissures that have appeared on the roads around Mt Fuji??!! They are huge....although scientists are saying that it isn't down to magma movement, but melting snow and ice washing away the soil under the tar mac.....still pretty impressive/dangerous cracks in the earth

Whats that about Tubby?

Perhaps this is the drip feed to get us used to the idea of something about to happen.

I always wonder what 'they' actually know. If 'they' were fairly certain that something big was about to happen ----- would they tell people? Mass panic, not good.

I think the way "they" handled the Fukushima Nuclear disaster answers your question

Bit different that, ne.

We're talking about clear signs of a natural disaster, not the lack of defences to withstand one.

I think the way "they" handled the Fukushima Nuclear disaster answers your question

Still not one single fatality from the Fukushima disaster so I'd say they handled that pretty well.

Still not one single fatality from the Fukushima disaster so I'd say they handled that pretty well.

I'm not talking about any fatalities.......the way in which they released information was the problem. No one knew WTF was going on. Handled pretty well?? Yeah, sure it was

I'd point to two things in particular, that led to more anxiety (and exposure, in the first case) and loss of trust than was necessary:

1) Sitting on early SPEEDI simulation results, which resulted in many evacuees fleeing into the plume.

2) Refusing to admit for at least two months that meltdown had likely occurred early on. Left people waiting for the other shoe to drop, instead of letting folks know by late March that the worst had likely already happened.

Not to mention all the tap-dancing around what damage may have been caused by the earthquake itself before the tsunami, which impacts ongoing safety policy deliberations.

I see that radiation levels are steadily rising in various parts of Japan, including Yamanakako here in Yamanashi, close to Fujisan!

Otsuki also in Yamanashi, have really shot up!

So far Kofu is ok, and where we will be moving to is fine, but with radiation still leaking from the plant, don't really expect it will get better anytime soon.