• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else see any of that sad sad program on tv last night all about Yon-san and the kankoku boom. I saw about 20 minutes and in it I saw 2 ladies gush about the place where Yon-sam stood to film an ad in a hotel, the place where he sat to grin in same ad and where he sat to eat some chocolate for a new ad (intercut with his comments "it was really tough having to smile and eat chocolate at the same time, I had to do it 30 times....") wakaranai.gif Before that they had stood in some of the famous places from that drama he did and also drooled over some posters of him in a subway and a life sized cardboard cutout of him.

And also introduced us to some ugly 30,40+s who were doing all the tours of the locations.

As much as I didn't want to, I couldn't help feeling a superior being watching the sad display shown by these people. ;\)

I saw a couple of minutes of it, all I could stand. It was the bit where there were some 40 year old Japanese women scouring a beach (for some coins or something?) that was a location for the series or something. And yes, they were pretty ugly. I wonder why that is?

Quote:
intercut with his comments "it was really tough having to smile and eat chocolate at the same time, I had to do it 30 times....")
Bloody hell, I feel for him... hard life. I just bloody well hope that he gets paid well for having to put up with such requirements. mad.gif I hate to see people like this underpaid and shit.

Yonsama reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason... wakaranai.gif

I agree w/DB, Korean nori is the best! Everytime I'm in Korea I pick up a bunch. It's soo cheap.

Why the "kankoku boom"? Guilt? Bored with the US? Neighborly affection? It could also be that the ban on Japanese movies and music in Korea was lifted a couple of years ago (I think) hence promoting a Japanese boom in Kankoku that is being reciprocated in Japan. Sort of a "we'll watch and listen to your stuff if you watch and listen to ours" kind of thing.

Are those Japanese dramas similar in style to the J-dramas? You know, the very slow page, the bad acting, the standing 5 meters away from each other in the pouring rain at night time to have that "difficult discussion" etc.

• 2 weeks later...