• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Should we let him in?

Apple's Wozniak wants to become Australian

26/09/2012 05:42AM AEST

Steve Wozniak, who co-founded Apple with the late Steve Jobs, revealed on Tuesday his fondness for Australia and said he hopes to become a citizen.

"I actually like this country and want to become a citizen," he told the Australian Financial Review, saying he was particularly impressed with plans to roll out a national broadband network across the country.

Wozniak, who quit Apple in 1987 after 12 years, told local radio in Brisbane last week that he enjoyed his regular visits to Australia.

"I am... on the way to become an Australian citizen, that's a little known fact," he told station 4BC on Friday after queuing up to buy the new generation iPhone 5.

"It turns out that I get to keep my American citizenship," he added.

"I intend, you know, who knows what will follow through in the next five years, I intend to call myself an Australian and feel an Australian, and study the history and become, you know, as much of a real citizen here as I can."

In the interview with the Financial Review, Wozniak said the national broadband network was one of the reasons he wants to become a citizen.

Australia's ambitious $A35.9 billion National Broadband Network (NBN) aims to connect all Australians to superfast internet by 2021 in a move the government hopes will transform the country's economy.

Wozniak said his home in California was not connected to a broadband service and there was no "political idea" to bring it to everyone in the United States.

"There's only one set of wires to be on and I'm not going to pull strings to get them to do something special for me," he said.

Well actually, now that you ask, I was going to bag him publicly & then quietly offer for him to stay in my spare room..............for a very reasonable rental of course ;)

Just how many zeros are ther in a gazillion?

Equator theme park not quite the middle of the world

A theme park in Ecuador called the Middle of the World has admitted that its location is not exactly where it should be

Tourists who visit the popular site in order to stand with a foot either side of the Earth’s equator are directed to a monument above a yellow line that supposedly marks the spot.

But the recent use of GPS technology has led to the discovery that the latitude of the line is not 0 degrees, 0 minutes, 0 seconds, as visitors would expect. Instead, the line is actually situated about 240 metres north of the Equator.

The park is owned by the Government and is visited by half-a-million tourists a year. One explanation offered by park officials is that the Equator monument, built in 1936, was positioned using methods of measuring that are not as accurate as they would be today.

The real Middle of the World, according to the New York Times, is found at a small, privately owned site called Inti-ñan. Comparatively under-visited, here there is only a sign on a gate claiming that its location is “calculated with GPS” to be 0 degrees latitude exactly.

:doh:

Jim'll Fix It for them

'Sir Jimmy Savile abused us at the BBC', claim women

Up to 10 women claim they were abused when they were teenagers, including one who says she was raped.

They have said the entertainer asked them to perform sex acts on him in the back of his car, in exchange for records, sweets, cigarettes and tickets to his television shows.

One claimed she was raped at the age of 14 by the star in his dressing room at BBC Television Centre in the mid 1970s, while another said she was indecently assaulted there.

The claims are to be aired on Wednesday in an ITV1 documentary, Exposure, made by a former Surrey police child protection officer called Mark Williams-Thomas.

Last year the BBC decided to drop a Newsnight item investigating allegations of sexual abuse by Savile, leading to accusations that the piece was 'killed' to spare the Corporation's reputation.

Some of the women, now in their 50s, say they were groomed by Savile when he visited Duncroft, originally a Home Office Approved School “for intelligent, emotionally disturbed” girls.

Any excuse to have some of the Legend that is Shakey, making some dreams come true.

Of course, Shakey has nothing to do with Mr Saville and his "you look very pretty" comments.

A man who had to be rescued after getting his head stuck inside a bin in Aberdeen has said he was trying to recover his hat.

William Middleton said he had been nicknamed "bucket heid" after a photograph of his ordeal were shared on social media sites by tens of thousands of people worldwide.

He was cut free by firefighters after the alarm was raised on Sunday.

He said: "I was looking for my hat. I was stuck for about 20 minutes."

Mr Middleton, 53, explained: "I couldn't get my head out. It was shocking. It was stinking. I'm now known as bucket heid."

_63215551_bin_man.jpg

Authorities are investigating how a farmer in the US state of Oregon was devoured by his pigs.

Terry Vance Garner, 70, went to feed his animals last Wednesday on his farm by the coast, but never returned.

His dentures and pieces of his body were found by a family member in the pig enclosure, but the rest of his remains had been consumed.

The Coos County district attorney's office said that one of the animals had previously been aggressive with Garner.

But investigators have not ruled out the possibility that the farmer could have suffered a medical emergency, such as a heart attack.

The animals are estimated by the authorities to weigh 700lb (320kg).

Pair banned from all-you-can-eat restaurant for eating too much

Two men have been banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant after their appetites left the manager fearing for the future of his business.

George Dalmon, a former rugby player, and his friend Andy Miles were banned from all-you-can-eat restaurant, Gobi, In Brighton, after the manager branded them "a couple of pigs".

The men would each eat five bowls of stir-fry during their regular meals at the Mongolian barbecue, which invites guests to create their own dishes from the buffet.

Diners are told they can request meals "as many times as you wish" for £12.

The manager, who did not want to be named, said the two friends were eating him out of business. He said: "Basically they just come in and pig out. We have put up with them for two years but I've had enough.

"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."

Advice for guys who are struggling to deal with their receding hairlines: You might just want to shave it all off. A recent study involving three separate experiments has shown that men who shear the hair off their heads are perceived as being more dominant, taller, and even stronger.

Good news baldies! ;)

But the increased perception of masculinity comes at a price: namely, diminished attractiveness.

:doh:

Curry Anyone?

fromJapanToday:

After more than three years of searching, Tokyo police thought they had finally gotten a lead on the whereabouts of Kazuyuki Kobayashi, a male restaurant owner who suddenly went missing in May 2009, when an investigation led them to three men who were said to be acquainted with Kobayashi before his disappearance. The men, who had been arrested on separate charges of fraud earlier this year, were brought to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department for questioning on Sept 27 and were immediately suspected of murder after it was found that Kobayashi has come to them demanding the repayment of an unspecified amount of money he had lent them earlier.

The case then took an even more gruesome turn when, on Monday, two of the suspects confessed that they had stewed the pulverized remains of Kobayashi in a pot of curry.

Whats this doing on the 2nd page?

Sorry, no fat news but got this:

Authorities say the winner of a cockroach-eating contest in South Florida died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms. The grand prize in Friday night's contest was a live python.

The Broward County sheriff's office says in a news release that it is waiting for an autopsy to give the official cause of death.

However, the news release Monday says 32-year-old Edward Archbold became ill soon after winning and collapsed in front of the Ben Siegel Reptile Store where the contest was held. The store is in Deerfield Beach about 40 miles north of Miami. Archbold was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police say several contestants ate insects but no one else became ill.