• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question...anyone?

--------------

And danz >>>

Join Tracks feature

Ever noticed how ripping some music tracks to MP3 format creates a small gap between songs that interrupts the flow of your music? That’s because many music CDs contain songs that blend into each other. iTunes 4 rips music seamlessly to AAC or MP3 format with a Join Tracks feature that allows you to meld two or more songs into one continuous, gap-free track — perfect for listening to classical music, concept rock albums and extended dance mixes.

very nice veronica...

but that feature is actually a little different than gappless playback...good, but not perfect...does it make 2 tracks into 1? so if an album has 5 tracks that all run into eachother, this feature would combine them into 1? Not so ideal for my listening habits, but I could be misunderstanding the feature.

for example, my karma can x-fade between any tracks because the player does gapless decoding...what you are talking about takes place on the encode end...what that means is that you need to know before-hand if you want that feature enabled for a particular album...

anyway, enjoy your porta-dj!

danz

another handy use for the iPod - scary.... eek.gif

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/rumormill/ipod_killing.html

iPod Used In Domestic Homicide

Friday, March 5, 2004 Posted: 4:50 PM EST (1450 GMT)

RELATED NEWS

Get great deals on the new Apple iPod mini. Starting at under $250

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE (HLN) - A Memphis woman was arrested and charged with first-degree murder after she bludgeoned her boyfriend to death with an iPod.

Arleen Mathers, 23, was arrested Thursday morning after she called Memphis Police and said she had killed her boyfriend, according to a Sheriff’s Department report.

When deputies arrived at Mathers’ apartment at 528 Poplar Avenue, Mathers led them to the body of her boyfriend, Brad Pulaski, 27.

Brad Pulaski had died of blunt trauma to the head after being repeatedly bludgeoned with an iPod, a popular MP3 player produced by Apple.

Police said no motive has been confirmed, although evidence suggested the murder was the result of a domestic dispute after Pulaski erased the contents of Mathers’ iPod.

According to law officers, Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s. Mathers complained that it took 3 months to build her music collection.

An autopsy performed Friday afternoon at Methodist Hospital showed that Brad Pulaski had been beat multiple times in the face and chest by a blunt metal object, and died of internal bleeding, said Dr. Felix Klamut, deputy coroner.

According to Apple’s website, the iPod is partially made of a hard metal plate that’s been praised for it’s resistance to regular wear and tear, like drops and coffee spills.

“It took him a while to die,” Dr. Klamut said. “She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

Arleen Mathers was arraigned Friday night by a video hookup from the county jail. Municipal Court Judge Simon Lambert set her bond at $600,000 and scheduled a preliminary hearing for March 9.

My battery seems to be doing better now as well. I suppose its coz I've calmed down and not just skipping tracks all the time and uploading like I was at the beginning. That sure sucks energy out of vpod.

I just bought some in-ear head phones for my dbPod. They improve sound quality a lot and reduce sound leakage (which means less people complaining about my dbPod noise on the train).

I also bought a second recharge cable and dock which means I can charge/update my dbPod in my computer room and then charge/play it through my stereo in my lounge room... all without having to unplug and move the cable and dock.

The dbPod is getting full, time to delete the multiple albums by artists who I dont really listen to anyway.

Seeing as I am in a typing mood this morning, I will oblige:

The in-ear things are quite cool, much more comfy and way better sound than the factory iPod earphones. However you really do have to shove them in and this soon brings to your attention the concept of ....um..... ear wax.

There are several brands that work with he dbPod, I assume that the vPod would be the same. I bought mine from the orgasmatronicly good Apple store in Ginza. Mine are standard Apple model, probably not the best choice.... I noticed Sony made more expensive ones. Danz was once telling me about in-ear headphones that are even more internal. By the sounds of it they go right inside the ear and require lubrication. Pretty gross but amazing sound as you need very little volume as it plays the sound right inside your head.

If you snip the earplugs off conventional headphones, you can insert the wires directly into your ears so that the wires touch your eardrums - the eardrum itself becomes the earphone. Great sound. You can use bulldog clips to secure the wires to your ears so they don't fall out.

According to many reviews SONY make some very good in-ear headphones for the price. For a little bit more than the apple ones you can get a much better sound and appartently a much better fit. I'll try to find the product numbers. I know the apple ones have three sizes of inserts db, how do they fit you ear. No problems?

dims - yes, the apples do come with 3 different sizes of rubber thingy. Do they fit my ear? Well, yes, but so does my finger, the end of a pencil and a green bean..... Put it this way, they are WAY better than the standard hard platic earphones that are the normal choice, particularly the ones that ship with your xPod. If they are inferior to other in-ear models I do not know. Cant remember how much I paid for them. My memory says in the range 4,000 - 6,000 yen, dunno.

The Ginza Apple shop stocked the Sony ones above, or at leat they looked like those ones in black.

Hey a few things!

- is it possible at all to get vPod to just play any song at random (ie not just within an albium). I don't seem to be able to get that thing going and really want to

- wouldn't it be interesting to "vPod Swap" - swap Pods with friend and get access to their complete collection!! eek.gif

wave.gif

Here's my 2cents

I got the 20gb and have around 2000 songs on it.

Once you have that many songs its so damn hard to decide what to listen to and to not change the track every few minutes!

Battery seems to go if you have the backlight on. I have it set to off, unless its night, but that sometimes makes the solitare cards hard to read!

itrip, Its great, sometimes the reception is not as clear as it should be but depends on where you are.

I use mine in my car and the itrip drains the battery in about 3 hrs! U need a car charger.

i want to get a car mount with the plug in straight to the stereo for the best sound.. like the new beetle has.

I love my ipod, I think though if I had a HDD stereo in my car I wouldn't use it as much as I do now though.

Another Q, sorry ;\)

I am interested in being able to listen to my sounds in my car. What exactly do I need (trying to find out about it confused me rather then informing me), and can someone give me a link to somewhere I can maybe buy it from in Japan?

Thank you!!! wave.gif