• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new vPod question. (But I'm sure its the same for all your other pods out there!). Forgive me if its "silly".

OK, sometimes I listen to my pod in bed or in my home. At the moment I'm doing that without it plugged in (ie its not recharging when I do the listening, but using the battery). Would it make more sense to - whenever possible - have it connected up to the power supply when I can. (I ask because I want to prolong the life of the battery as much as possible).

Thanks!

I dont have the battery thingy.

Re playing whilst charging: Look on the iPid forum about battery life. I am not the expert, but the iPod battery does not need to be run down to zero before charging. This is an older type of battery. You can top up the battery after only say 25% depletion and it does not diminish battery life. I have actually read that regular top ups are the best for this type of cell rather than 100% rundown then re-charge. Note that I have not tested this nor had an iPod long enough to confirm it.

Take into account that I wouldnt know the difference between a D cell and a C cell torch battery (and nor do I care.... I have a life and dont memorise battery sizes). So my info is of limited tech value.

Hey thanks.

I think I'll listen to it plugged in when I'm at home.

I think 8 hours for the battery is rubbish though. I get about 5 I reckon. I do a lot of skipping and random tunes, so I suppose that has a lot to do with it.

Y'welcum.

(To be honest, I actually prefer the official case that comes with the 40gb model. If only it had a hole at the bottom to connect with)

• 5 weeks later...