nah, it just came up with an error message when i tried to open the program.

you download the program and can get 10 free ipod 'rips' on the demo version. or you can pay $20 or something and use it for unlimited ipod transfers.

it tacks onto itunes and shows a list of your ipod files, and you can just click and drag them into itunes. if i wanted to get a bunch of music from mates, i would probably buy it, but i don't have any real need to. i got into a bad habit of hoarding everything i could get my hands on, then realised i didn't ever get round to listening to half the stuff or hated it anyway. now i try and be more selective

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I was most impressed today at the Apple store by the Tpod - the new touch screen jobbie - pricey but a beautiful and well functioning sleek piece of machinery..very very nice - makes regular pods look like Vinyl and turntables.

The web browser for such a small device is really quite useful and you feel like Tom Cruise in the 'minority report' the way you drag and zoom stuff with your fingers on the screen.

I even had a look at SJ while I was playing - I am the first to browse SJ on a Touch screen ipod??

dvc00125wa3.jpg

though the only complaint would be its not the greatest thing for guys with 'baseball mitt' size hands.

Palming a basketball is handy thing with big hands but this thing would have been tad easier if I had dainty piano fingers.

In saying this it was still pretty easy and user friendly.

Originally Posted By: SG

Palming a basketball is handy thing with big hands but this thing would have been tad easier if I had dainty piano fingers.

hiya SG, I have dainty piano fingers \:D I played with one the other day, I'll definitely upgrade but I'm holding out till storage capacity is larger.

I hear you Sunrise, the storage is mediocre for the price of the final product. Flash memory is dropping all the time. 8 and 16 GB isnt much especially if you add video, I guess the next gen will be 16 and 32GB as the flash memory price keeps dropping.

6 years ago I paid 10000ye for a 128MB sony memory stick! in couple of years there will be 32 48 64GB and more will be in media players.

(SD cards though are physically limited at 32GB)

I am suprised they didnt go with a larger model with HDD rather than flash, guess they wanted to concentrate and the one sized product.

More likely they didn't want to take too much thunder away from the iPhone. 32 should suit me fine. I have 30 at the moment with 9 free.

Yeh, technology - everything's relative! 10gig hard drives used to be expensive too! lol.gif

• 2 weeks later...