I saw a crow today and thought, hmmm Crows are cool, sleek, very smart and dont waddle around in front of the train stations and refuse to give way to bikes and crap over everything like those stupid bloody pigeons (flying rats that they are)

So which do you think is cooler a crow or pigeon?

Dunno really. I know pigeons are probably the most aerodynamic birds with the moverablity they have. As stupid as they are I think it would suck if we didnt have them around... Crows on the other hand, really need to get a high power BB gun. Buggers are always on the telephone lines near my place. Theyre destructive and a pain in the ass. Always shreading garbage bags and making a mess.

I prefer Cockatoos. Had one when I was younger - cool birds.

I once watched a crow methodically pull the black liner out of a public wire dustbin that was equipped with an 'anti-vermin' lid and all. The liner was half full of heavy rubbish but the crow wasn't just going to jump in there and get trapped. So it pulled the bag up with its beak one bit at a time, and bunched up the slack under its claws. It looked pretty funny leaning back to haul up the liner, but even when it was straining to get to that lovely garbage, its beady little eyes were looking this way and that. There were some nice half-eaten bentos in the rubbish.

Pigeons may not be quite so characterful, but apparently they're bright enough to distinguish a Picasso from a Pollock (according to research that saw fit to investigate the art critical capacity of urban vermin).

Crows definitely got it on all of us.

On some accounts the cleverest of all non-humans (plenty of us ain't either).

As I understand it, the only animal recorded actually fashioning a real tool/device - a wire hook to get food out of a test tube/bottle - yep, even chimps apparently haven't done that.

And those big buggerz just stare you down.