• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#1:

I just helped Naspa with their message to send out to people with bookings last night.

(On a positive note, conditions up at Kagura are reportedly very good right now \:\) )
So what was the message? Can they cancel without fees or defer to later in the season.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Basically they are already saying there is no chance of opening on 23rd. A lot of busy busy people at the moment, but not doing things they want to be doing!

Cancellations at the hotel the day before will be @ no charge - as long as their own ski resort (NASPA Ski Garden) cannot open. When their ski resort opens, cancellation charges will be as per usual.

The "Sports Ticket" that comes with many of their ski/stay packs can be exchanged for a lift ticket at Kagura / Gala / Yuzawa Kogen.

Something like that. Sorry, got to rush off now...

Well I was planning on being in Niigata from Sunday night for 4 nights but have decided to cancel the trip and wait until conditions improve. I thought it would surely have been ok then, but seems not.

In some ways I want to go, but it's just too much money to be throwing at the conditions that are out there now.

I don't want to travel! I'm spoilt living (fairly) close to some decent places. Problem is, they have 0cm of snow. It's in the paper today lots of them are not realistically expecting to open before New year and it's going to have a big impact on them (of course).

I am seeing conflicting reports - Japan Met Agency are saying 2 days of snow this week for Nagano, while weathernewsjapan are saying 4 days cloud / snow in Hakuba. Hopefully the latter is correct, being more localised.

Looking at the webcams, I am not encouraged to see no snow on the valley floor in Hakuba - this time last year everything was buried there.

Any comments?

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Don't worry, start panicing!

Pipes @ Takasu yesterday! (Xmas day)
IMG_1446.jpg
perfect conditions for teaching kids on the bunny hills, that about it really. I wouldnt get out of bed for that otherwise.
 Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
perfect conditions for teaching kids on the bunny hills, that about it really. I wouldnt get out of bed for that otherwise.
Mate, That was my only motivation for the day, and paid off with no.1 doing little ollies by the end of his 2nd day!
And we didn't have to get up early!

Wow, bummer for you guys...

Right now my low local hill 1000M elev at the bottom has a 200cm base and my second choice, Mt Baker is pushing a 360+cm base right now. However...

...in 2004/2005 which we call The Season of Deth, here's what my hill looked like on February 1st:

020105.jpg

So I can relate... You should do a snow dance or maybe burn a toque, couldn't hurt ;\)

Good Luck!

T.