• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
170cm in Victoria would be an excellent year
True, but I don't pay thousands of dollars to ski on 170cm in Victoria. Thats why I did pay the thousand odd dollars to ski on something better.

Perhaps I am being a little anxious, but I think I am worried just like a lot of the other people on this forum that the snow and temperature could be a lot better.

yeah, but why worry - what can you do? the snow will either come or it won't. either way you're already paid up, so just chill and look forward to it. 6 weeks is a long time away

yeah man, i'm going to nagano on the 27th jan. hmmm, obviously i'd like it to be puking at the moment, but there's not much i can do bout it!

if its looking dire a week before you leave, then i'd start freaking. but thats aaaaageees away

Quote:
thing is after a certain depth you can't tell anyway, the tree's just get shorter
The base is only one aspect of it, Ausi... no good having even a 3 meter base when it's all hard-pack from being groomed or tracked out. You need the regular snowfall to keep a good layer of powder on top of the base, and that's what is missing in Japan at the moment. All the resorts are open, but the snowpack isn't what it should be.