• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Thanks guys

It was in the bouldering room. I fell and my left foot wedged into the crack between the pads and wall. Poor design.

I broke my left foots last January. But I have never twisted my left ankle before. Only my right when I fell down a water fall and never this bad

I am going to try and get in to see a doctor soon. I can put a little bit of weight on it after a long rest over night. But it is swollen and a little bruised.

I was supposed to stay in a backcountry hut this evening \:\(

dizzy - when will u be coming up. If you want me to I will go into rapies after riding today and order them for you. wont be checking sj again so send the date to my keitai. you just pay him when you go to rapies

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
Did you go to see a doctor, Toque? How was it?
I hope it doesn't take so long to heal.
Hey Slow
I saw a doctor today and he said to stay off it for 2 days. After that I can start to walk around a bit to stretch the ligament that I damaged. With luck I will be able to get my foot back into a boot in 10 days. I don't want to push it though so unless it really starts dumping I'm going to take it easy

I didn't watch the YouTube version

I downloaded best of Mike Myers and that skit was on there

edit: he gets the answer right and he wins 200000

then they take him into a back room and attach electrical bits to his nads...

Toque, after a few days ice, elevation (all the stuff you know..) try writing the alphabet in the air with your foot, moving it from the ankle (or kanji, if you prefer, but alphabet has more nice round movements), and change to alternating hot foot bath and iceing, for a few minutes each, but finishing with ice.

Wow! I can't believe you have never sprained that ankle before! All of mine (all 4 paws) have been sprained so many times, sometimes worse, sometimes not so bad (usually from skating, but aslo from regular sports or stupidity too).

Take your time on the rehab - an extra week of rehab could save another month of re-injury - but don't completely rest it for more than 2 or 3 days or it will lose it's range of motion. Be gentle. And do strap it when it has to bear weight for the first time, but still be gentle with it while it hurst sharply - when it hurts with an aching pain you can be push it more with exercises like the alaphabet one!

Don't spend all you time on Youtube just cos your injured!

I'm usually pretty docile when I'm wearing shoes

My activities have my feet in a firm boot

I don't have weak ankles though

Thanks for the advice

I'm going to stay off it for another day and then start walking around like you say

Go easy on the walking about - do more gentle non-weight bearing range of motion exercise first.

Although obviously not walking around quickly becomes impractical and boring, so strap it when you do.

THE (no) SNOW REPORT

so it's not exactly been an epic season so far in terms of snow on the resorts. who knows maybe it will dump in february? i hope so. i can't believe how lame it is. where are the storms? the situation is so dire that today huge trucks arrived with snow from otari to transfer the snow onto the kita shogakko's playing ground so the little uns can ride their ski jump and rip the x-country up. 2moro some TV celebrities are arriving to film throwing themselves off the mini ski jump with the students, hence the truck loads of snow specially delivered. this is rubbish, totally rubbish... feels like we got stuck in spring and the winter didn't even begin.