• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

yeeeeah good times this weekend, managed to party until 5.30am on saturday night and still have a crackin day on the hill thumbsup.gif indeed a perfect day for bc touring, i need skins and more gym time first. we looked over the side of somewhere and saw a few lines, but didnt drop in... i didnt take my beacon up on sunday. so instead we spied a roof and decided to make a step up kicker onto - and a good kicker it was too, good team work AK, hugh and whistler mark. got a few good shots, will get them on here this week. a great combination of dancing ALL night (nice one jimmy and the boys... and girls, at 902) and riding the next day. looking forward to some early session next weekend tho.

I wouldve stayed out for a few more beers on Friday but I had to pick up dizzy at the station.

I wanna get kuma into the BC one day cause the way this season is shaping up its the only place to find soft snow on a regular basis. Its been cold here at night so the snow has been in great shape.

IF its sunny next weekend ill try to get out there again and or get my wife out there.

thx again FT, you picked up me, took me to the trees sat, and mended my north face pants!!! what a guy! you should have come to the party after picking me up!

this weekend was a dream. good smiles, tons of fun. yes, those trees sat were so sweet, jer and i had to lap them up an untapped line twice--best lines of the year so far thumbsup.gif

kuma had the camera out again sun, snapping photos of me, AK, and mrs. kuma. he's got skills.

he showed effort trying the jib; more guts than me. but it needs to be done in daylight.

just spent 2 hours at the local shop waxing & playing with bindings. Had a great time telling the boys about big powder sunday and how the Hakuba crew was killing it. The boys have just been staying local trying to ride the crap lack of snow here in Toyama.

Was a bit jealous as the shop's cutting prices on everything and it's only January! Saw a guy walk out with a new 162 malolo 30% off. damn!

yea, but that's 30% off of prices that are jacked up by 40%! I did some comparisons and for some reason, ski gear seems to be cheaper in Japan and Snowboard gear more expensive. Example - Burton Se7en 2007, no bindings - Japan 58,000, US$360. But the K2 Public Enemy's were cheaper than thier US list price!

Well, prices in the US are generally cheaper for snowboard gear but when you figure in the current exchange rate & shipping/customs it evens out.In your example you have 360$ for the board. That comes to 43000yen. Add another man for shipping & customs. So then it's roughly 58000 vs 53000, but your US warranty doesn't work in Japan....

What I saw tonight was a 07 malolo going for 5man on Jan 15th!!!

On backcountry.com the malolo is $450 (no sales yet).that turns out to be 54000...not including shipping

I find prices kind of mixed some things cheaper others more expensive.

example Mammut Pulse here 61000 yen States $399

Volek Gotmas here 68000 yen States $679

The gots are a good bit cheaper but the transceiver is more then I'm willing to pay.

YOYOYO

I AM AT HPL

how's everyone going?

it's good to be here, first couple of days have been ok, some new snow would be nice

good to get away from the crap in aus though

w00t w00t

how's it going ?

I usually handcarry the stuff back so that saves me the 1man. I acutally saw the Se7en on sale in jimbocho for 48,000 - But there are some places online that only have US shipping that are even cheaper than the $360. I'm still on the fence - my Burton Crash is still in decent shape, but it's a bit too stiff - I want a softer board. Wish I could sample the board for a day or two before deciding to buy....

the Burton Clash is a bit of a beginner board. If you're a jibber like your name implies you should look not for an overall softer board but one with a more freestyle flex. The burton twin is a true jibber board. The elite looks interesting too -soft nose and stiff tail.

Personally I don't like the seven because of the soft tail. I lost all the pop on my ollies. It's great for backseat landings though.

Check out the Jussi - I've only heard good reviews from people who ride it

If you can wait til March they will have demo days at the mountains. Check with your biggest local board shop. Check out Backbowl - they are a bigtime burton dealer and they would know about demos.

Ollie, ollie ollie.

Just thought i'd say that.

I like ollies.

Also useful for escaping to victory if you realise you are going a bit too slow to reach the landing of anything (EBC you got that pic from Huge's camera yet?).

Ollie ollie.

Sir Jib a Log, with a name like that you should only refer to your board as your 'trusty steed'.

No continuity, some people. tsk.

Kuma,

Yea - I bought the board when I was starting out and have reached it's limitions (not that i'm a shredder now either....)

I wouldn't consider myself a "hardcore" jibber, but i've been trying to spend a bit more time on my park skills and this board is definately holding me back.

I hadn't considered the twin - i had narrowed it down to Blunt and Se7en. I looked at the Jussi board, but that seems a bit pricey. I'm still open to look at other boards, cash isn't a problem...I just hate paying more money for a board with a famous rider's name on it unless it really is going to help me progress.

I'm probably going to buy in Feb in the US and handcarry back.

What are you riding now?

AK,

The mountain is my steed - my board is my saddle, ride the white horse....

Anyway...

I like ollies too, but I suck at riding switch so until I dedicate some time to that no 180s for me....I suck - wanna teach me some skilllz?

Don't worry. I suck too - I just hang around on the flat outside the cafeteria ollieing.

Ask FT, it's true.

I've only really got skills in the cafeteria, and that depends on your point of view. I'm not sure you really want those.

If you want to ride switch, do that all day, and stay switch when you encounter problems, don't revert back round. It's your brain that can't handle it at first, not your body.

I switch ollie like a mongoloid with rickets, but it's only my mind stopping me.

and a slight lack of coordination.

Good advice - I spent half a day riding switch a couple of weeks ago and it really is mind over body. When I tried it again on Saturday, it was getting a bit better, but still tough. It's hard to go back to square one after getting super comfortable riding regular. I'll have to dedicate more time to it.

hullo everyone! well it seems like you're all getting out on the hill heaps and having a blast.

i've been too busy working and surfing to play around on these forums lately, but i'll be in hakuba in a couple of weeks, and am looking forward to it. we're staying with FT, so hopefully i'll get to put some faces to names.

i can only ride switch on gentle incline, on groomers and in powder, but can't say i'm particularly proficient at it. from what i can manage tho, it's definitely mind over body - you've got to force youself to lean forward on your wrong leg, when every instinct is telling you its the last thing you wanna do.

ok, a bit of a nothing post. i mostly just wanted to say i'm getting pretty damn excited bout hitting the slopes again!