AK: going sat morning. So Friday we'll have to decide on what to do (bc or groomers). Need FT's input on this too.

SJA: It's true that AK just ollies outside the cafeteria. I'm a bit more hardcore though. I spend the day in the cafeteria wearing my beacon so people know I'm the real deal. I also enjoy getting my picture taken with people who are having a nap.

I hope you're going back in Feb to ride. I would never take a holiday during the winter if not to ride. Anyways to the boards! Don't be against buying a promodel board. For the most part they are more than a basic board with a rider's name to inflate the price. From the companies I know, you do get what you pay for. If you get the cheapest board in the line you will def feel it when you ride. There are ways to save your wallet though. The easiest is to buy last year's board. Sure, the graphics aren't cool anymore but if do your homework you can find a model that hasn't significantly changed.

I think that since you're still not definite about your riding style, if you want burton, go for the custom. It's a great board that will do everything great. If you get a super freestyle board you might regret it on a powder day or groomer-only day.

Go spend a couple weeks reading through the burton.com forums & you'll get a good feel as to what the good boards are.

If you're not set on Burton there's lots of other good companies, and their boards will prob be cheaper. Maybe do some research and then ask people's opinions on here.

I ride a Nitro Suprateam

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Imput as of right now we have gotten 10cms of wet snow down low. Id say that there is about 20cms up high and the any of the good BC lines arent rideable for the next few days at least. Ill give you my input on Friday night or Saturday morning.

AK can I borrow a board on the 31st of Jan maybe your small board? My school is going night sking and I figure I might as well take the free lesson to ride.

Im looking for a free or very cheap board to learn on. I just need a decent shaped board and short maybe 155cms max.

BP just rub the edges with a zoukin and some of the rust will come off. for the rest get a gummy stone (?) or rust eraser.

My edges rust up after a night in FT's dry room, but they clean up naturally the next day riding

CB 145 i think you are talking about the number of days ill ski this year arent you?

FT on a board yeah not converting but might as well learn i hate night skiing and I dont need a lesson for skiing and I have to take the lesson.

yeah Kuma already did that. Came up alright in the end, but I was just surprised at the amount of rust on the nitro as opposed to the malola and BPGs board. The last two cleaned up very easily, but the nitro took quite a bit of work.

CB, lol.gif Nice one.

did FT get one for his wife already?

Can't do much with avy gear here in Toyama. Our best bet is Rapie. If you still want one I will drop in next week and see what he says

a big group order would be best but no one else wants one \:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Imput as of right now we have gotten 10cms of wet snow down low. Id say that there is about 20cms up high and the any of the good BC lines arent rideable for the next few days at least. Ill give you my input on Friday night or Saturday morning.

AK can I borrow a board on the 31st of Jan maybe your small board? My school is going night sking and I figure I might as well take the free lesson to ride.

Im looking for a free or very cheap board to learn on. I just need a decent shaped board and short maybe 155cms max.
Well my boards aren't free or cheap! But i can lend you one for the day, sure! I've got a 154 that turns nice and sharp - it's got the same effective edge as a 158, but as a skier I reckon you can handle it...

What size foot are you? That's the only issue.

You've got some bindings right? (the black ones that someone borrowed early in the season...)

As for plans for the w/e... this snow is very wet and heavy... will wait and see, yesterday was very warm here too... how about in Hakuba?

If no BC is on offer from the weather, will be interested to see what is left of the step-up (hopefully all of it!)

If i go riding ill talk to you about borrowing a board for the day AK. I wasnt looking at your board for free at all. im a 27.5 foot size.

im interested in another avalung talk to rappie and find out what can be done and how many it might take to get a better cost. i think med is the best to order.

I didn't mean I would charge you! Ha ha! I meant originally - as in they are different from the borads you would get for free, or cheap in a recycle shop!

27.5 should be ok.

I'll see you at the weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:

Well my boards aren't free or cheap! But i can lend you one for the day, sure! I've got a 154 that turns nice and sharp - it's got the same effective edge as a 158, but as a skier I reckon you can handle it...

What size foot are you? That's the only issue.

You've got some bindings right? (the black ones that someone borrowed early in the season...)

As for plans for the w/e... this snow is very wet and heavy... will wait and see, yesterday was very warm here too... how about in Hakuba?

If no BC is on offer from the weather, will be interested to see what is left of the step-up (hopefully all of it!)
THE HAPPO REPORT -

Our step up is still there, with some wet snow sitting on top of it, and a big red pole strategically placed by ski patrol on the lip. No worries there.

Slightly lighter snow up top today, maybe 25 plus cm.... heavy and wet down lower on the mountain. The wet layer is sliding easily off the harder layer underneathe, temperature discrepencies mean it's not bonding well at all. South facing especially bad. More snow forecast all day tomorrow. We need a MASSIVE dump, still rocks, bushes bla blaa all over the place.

I'll be on the hill for the next 2 days too, so will report again with conditions.