• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
even still, BP's only really been on here a year. He signed up though at the time I fell in the creek to give me shite - well deserved \:o lol.gif
Hahaha, is that why he signed up!!!! lol.gif Damn, you mean if you hadn''t fallen in that creek we might not have had a bush pig on here? lol.gif :p Haha, bushie, you signed on for one or two posts and you got stuck here! lol.gif

Saturday saw us get out to the old stompiung grounds. We went perpared, if we couldnt find powder inbounds in the trees we were going to go for a walk.

We found good pow in the trees so we just stayed inbounds at Goryu. Man was is good and bad at times, but the day went completely off the hook. No one was on their game cause of the party the night before but it was good none the less. Finally got to show Barok a side of something that he had never seen, and it was nice to finally get out there with him. Going to miss his crazy humour and bad gondola smells.

Thanks to addict, Jer, Barok, and Diz for making the day funny as.

Got 2 very sick lines in on Sunday. After bush wacking into some sick powder lines on Saturday we decided to hike sunday cause things had settled. Pits were dug Friday and with no changes we went for it.

Plan A hike into or near the top of karamatsu. Didnt happen the worst winds ive ever been in forced the team to go to plan C and not even consider A or B.

Geared up and hit garagarazawa the skiers left. Sick above the knee powder all the way to the bottom. did it safely into zones it was so good that we rushed home to change to even fatter skis.

The next run we went down kitaone we traversed the ridge untill we found a nice chute. The chute was shaped like an S and we all just ripped it. The spats were loving the snow. The bottom 1km was so fun as well about 20 or 25 degrees but perfect blower powder. The Spats just ate it up and were in love with the pitch and snow combo. I was laughing the whole way down that section and glad that I had the spats on. Jer ws having such a blast that he was whistling while he was sking.

Thanks to addict, rye-dog and Jer for an unforgetable safe day.

Cool dude

Looks like you had a good crew out there

I joined the mountaineering club and got out for some turns in the BC today as well.

It hasn't snowed in a week but with cold temperatures of -20 the snow has stayed pretty good

We skied 2 pretty good runs. Not steep at all. 30 degrees I'd say. Fun to get out with people and into an area that I have been looking at

Lines like yesterday are why I moved to hakuba. Toque it was so cold i froze most of our cameras that was the sad part about the whole trip.

Good to hear that you are getting out there toque. One of the guys that I skied with spent the last few seasons at whitewater. He loved heading into the BC either climbing or snowmobile access. HE is off to La Grave in a few days. He is a true ski bum.

Nice write up FT.

I didn't get out of bed early (next weekend...) but had some fun days on the hill.

Saturday was after Friday night... so was a little sore, not helped by bumping into a local ripper before my first run and having to keep up with him - but discovered about 10 more new natural features to jump on the sides of runs in Happo by riding with him for the morning. Got some powder too, on the epic 153 board!

Damn he was fast though.

Sunday had another great lie-in, then ambled up to meet Kuma and Dizzy who wanted to shoot pics of a jump down off a cat between trees which was nice but proved hard to shoot and hard to land as it was into the shade, but was good to try.

Coach Kuma berated me for my 'Wack form'. Must try harder.

Late in afternoon, a beautiful step-up onto a large flat roof area was built by Huge, Whistler Mark, EBC and myself. It was so perfect, over a smallish 18 foot gap, and up about 2 or 3 feet from the end of a loooong transitioned kicker (20 ft), it was so smooth, but time ran out as patrol swept the mountain at the end of the day.

Thanks to EBC there are some pics out there somewhere.

It will be sessioned again.

Nice AK i heard about the jump but I cant be arsed to build a kicker when the BC sets-up like it did Yesterday.

Only saw one picture but Im sure EBC and kuma have slideshows in the works asap.

Next weekend Ill tour with a large group of Japanese from my kyoto outdoor job. We will be heading up tengu or the hiyodori trees with them.

Ak you are becoming a park rat very fast next thing you know you will be sessioning rails daily.

Quote:
Toque it was so cold i froze most of our cameras that was the sad part about the whole trip. [/QB]
I've been having that problem as well so lately I've kept my camera around my neck and hanging down into my bib. My body heat keeps it warm enough that the batteries don't drain
Today with temps from -20 to -10 my battery kept going all day long

Of course there is the stranglation hazard but I'm just experimenting with this

Try keeping the camera in a pocket close to your body. That should work

yeah ill try that but it doesnt help the video cameras at all. Fark its a perfect BC day here today I want to get out there and enjoy some of those lines again right now.

Getting laps in there is quite easy if you know how to get the chutes that you want.

CB the first thing about the rail is that we dont talk about the rail.

how r u carrying the camera? If it's in a bag it should be fine. or pop off the battery and keep that in your wallet/goggle pocket of your jacket. Just whip it out when you want to shoot.

AK-Whistler Mark was up there too? Hope he's staying for another week. I meant to talk to him more but didn't see him. We've got some mutual friends