• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

last year i rode off a roof, and then the whole back section ripped out. had it re-glued, so should probably be even stronger than before. this time, the brake plate came off and the plate underneath has a huge crack across it, pretty facked. but no yeh i think you are right, i think i'm doing something wrong cool.gif

actually today i had the most gay day of skiing ever, was out with skool, and the PE teacher actually wanted to teach us all how to ski.... so we spent the whole day on one very flat slope without poles, doing ridiculous arm movements which made us look like we were doing ski ballet (or at least i tried to get the students to do ridiculous arm movements, in desperation to make any of it fun.... but they didn't get my joke), skiing on one leg, doing short jump turns on the flattest slope i've EVER seen, stopping for smoking breaks (the PE teacher, not me).... meanwhile i slyly listened to my ipod to make the entire process of 'skiing' vaguely bearable. what a mission, they need lessons on how to have fun, not flippin ski lessons.

we didn't go down the slope with the spine on it, until the very last run of the day, so i was a bit amped wanting to hit the damn thing all day - nice air, but landed kinda hard, got to the bottom of the hill, clicked out and off came my brakes, nice one. so tomorrow i've got the choice of fat LINE prophets, forward mounted park skis, or broken skis lol. can't wait can't wait can't wait!!! bring on the gay skiing!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
what a mission, they need lessons on how to have fun, not flippin ski lessons.
Well why the frik don't ya give them dem da lessonz de need den eh brah? Instead ya listen to ya ipod?????

>what a mission, they need lessons on how to have fun, not flippin ski lessons.

100% agreed on that. As a ski coach at my school it's mindblowing how they can make such a sick sport boring. I do have to teach my boys all the fundamental stuff, and it's probably not so different from what you saw/experienced w/your school, but I know my groups of kids I taught these last few years have had the best time - cuz they had a cool coach \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
actually today i had the most gay day of skiing ever
i, um, never had such an easy target as this before.
i feel a little wierd, like when you really want to take advantage of a situation, but its so easy it dredges up feelings of guilt. Kinda like seeing a your friend fall really badly on the best powder day, and you really want to spray them as you go past to poach their line.

i am bursting with stuff to say, but somehow it all pales with whats already been stated.

maybe i should just leave this gem untarnished with my own, feeble comeback.

you rock, EBC!

Yah it's getting better

I can walk now and am hopefully going to get on a tour or 5 this weekend. I have to get out

It does suck. Sitting by FT's fire last year was hella lot nicer than sitting in my plastic chair watching movies on my laptop this year

Hey toque planning a recon with jer this week. ill try to finally bring my camera into the BC again.

Jer is on the fence as to stay or go next season. I told him that i would of course like him to stay so that we could tour. You gotta see his hair its so big mate.

I got to ride his bigstix 2 weeks ago and they are a great ski. Might pick up a pair for touring next season.

Cb snow this weekend if you would like to come for a jaunt then please do.

I'm thinking next year I might transfer the FRs to the bigstix

I love that ski so much. 4th season now. Well over 100 days on them

Yah I hear he has dreadlocks. We are trying to convince him to stay. May as well put life off while still can

Where are you guys going to tour into?

Jer doesn't have dreads!

He has big hair now, but it's clean thick ringlets, not big dutty dreads (as someone who had the latter for 2 years).

Is there any snow forcast for Hakuba?

I'd almost prefer none, and clear skies like today, for stable BC or kicker fun, unless it's going to be alot.

It's sooo warm today - It's like the spring.

I hope spring is like winter!

FT is that recently?

Or do you mean the kicker that I build with him 2 weeks ago - Huge has the pics on his camera?

(actually he was on the phone for 40 minutes, so I went ahead and built it myself - sometimes it's easier that way, one vision of how it should be)

I need to do that again, and get some more progression flowing.

Hitting Yanaba nighta tonight I think...

FT - didn't you want to borrow a board? was that tonight??? I forgot at the w/e - sorry, other things on my mind.