thumbsup.gif Thanks for all the guidance people. I've seen some discounted NOS, so I'll take my time over summer

When I came here, I thought I'd never ski powder again, so I bought the carvers. I've got better, which was unexpected, and gained a lot of enthusiasm and inspiration from these forums.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
am swamped w/ work, won't be up for at least two weeks.

first pics of tateyama are up
oyama1.jpg

620cm base now compared to 690 last year and 570 the year before
That's looking pretty good
2005 season was much better for spring/summer skiing than the 2006 season
Seemed like in 2006 all the warm wind and rain melted the snow off of the ridgelines really early while during 2005 most of the runs were skiable from the top into mid-June

Ewok and Slow that picture is from my Wapta Traverse trip report

****ing pineapple express
Again...

Pineapple express is the warm tropical winds from Hawaii that head north west (not exactly from Hawaii, but that's where the name comes from). The pineapple express brings clouds that are filled with rain and with it warm temps. Tyipcally these storms dump lot of rain. The pineapple express can hit as far south as San Diego and as far north as Canada.

hey mates, well am almost finished up cleaning my place in Ashiya - actually moved yesterday to Kyoto and like my house there. Very nice area (inaka though) and extremely quiet. I couldnt believe how quiet it is!! eek.gif cool.gif

Was cleaning like a madman today and have more to do tomorrow...sucks but almost finished. Work starts Saturday ~ so soon? geeeze, id like to freaking sleep for a few days before all hell breaks loose. Thinking of doing a tour over G.W. so if youre keen, Dizzy, Kuma, Fattwins, EBC, lemme know thumbsup.gif

EBC, no worries babe, glad to help out and will email your keitai later ;\)

speaking of GW

i'm going to get half of golden week off. i can pick either from 28th-2nd inclusive or from 3rd-7th inclusive

i def. want to do some touring so could join up for 3-4 days. FT, lemme know what would work better for your plans.

GW is sat 4/28 to sun 5/6, but a lot of places have monday and tues 5/1 & 2 as business days

like toque said, hopefully it won't be so windy this year and snow will remain at the peaks.

i want Ooyama direct underneath the shrine.