• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
want to ski, you'll wants skins, not snowshoes if you're a skier
"skins"...?

would this allow me to use it even with my ski boots on (in contrast to snowshoes)?

It's pretty good

Hurts a bit this week but I think that is just because I am back climbing 3 times a week now Doesn't hurt when I jump from the top of the wall. That's about a 2-3 metres drop

Not related to my ankle but I am getting some bad shin-bang this season. Used to just scrape all my hair off a section of my shin but this season it is rubbing it raw and I ave open sores

I see you guys are getting some new snow

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
yeah ebc took them to cortina today in hopes of finding some snow.
yesterday was.....

O F F T H E H O O K B A B Y ! ! !

the wink crew loved it and we killed it, front side, back side, dam style, tree well crashes, pillow jibs, face shots, cat track drops, lift line madness, donuts in the car park.... patrol where were u? totally totally ill.... man i love skiing closed areas thumbsup.gif

yeh we had fun out there yesterday, for the last hour cameras were packed away, and we ripped the lift line hard and fast lap after lap, everyone whooping and yelling the whole way down, everyone just totally lost it. it's a nice feeling skiing as fast as guys who get paid to do it, i love being out there with amazing riders - i pushed the agression levels up a notch or 2 yesterday.

the morning backside of cortina session was really interesting for me to experience, watching how the guys set up there shots. they got some smooth tree footage and 2 of the athletes dropped the dam in between cortina and norikura with style. meanwhile as we watched and waited, i clicked into some K2 pontoons and fell in love.

seriously stoked to get the chance to ride with athletes like will burks, kina pickett, bryce phillips and billy poole, along with some amazing photographers and filmers.

and with all this fresh, it's turned to perfect bluebird today, so FT is out there today with them hitting the happo bc. they'll be stoked, cause they should get the shots they've been waiting for their entire trip today.

bryce, one of the pro skiers posted this about yesterday: "After a few days of mediocre skiing we experienced what we had been hearing about for years. Cortina, a small resort outside of Habuka, where the crew is based offered up perfectly spaced trees and a foot or so of light, dry powder on a smooth underlayer. Skiing powder in the trees here is truly therapeutic and especially therapeutic after waiting for the right conditions. The best part about the day is that we were able to take lap after lap with only a couple of others on the mountain. We had it all to ourselves. It probably sounds nice but “nice” wouldn’t do today justice. Today was a unique experience that most will never encounter and one that I am very grateful for. The runs today weren’t super challening or future rich. It felt like a very pure form of skiing; silent, smooth, consistent."

Sounds like a good day EBC

I'm not so jealous of the powder as I have had my fill. Jealous that you are skiing with pros and seeing a part of the industry that few get to view

Where is that quote from?

Quote:
Hey check out this picture I just dug out. Took this in January 2004. That's Yari on the right with Oku-Hotaka just left of centre and the Karasawa Valley is the basin right below.
Just found this. FINALLY! I have been searching in vain since eternal for a photo or map that gives this area some true geographic definition. Toque, this is the place we talked about recently, right?

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/7565.html?

I took this one late Autumn, a week before the first mountain snow. It's Kagamidaira, obviously viewing Yari. It's the first goya on the hike that leads up to sugo, where you can either go left on the ridge to Kasagatake, or the right on the famous hike on the ridge all the way back around Yari, Hotaka etc.

Kagamidaira.jpg

So, where exactly is that in here........The white patch dead centre?

KarasawaValley.jpg

Thank you to all people here giving me some advice. I bought Phatluvs167 today. \:\)

I tried K2 Nancys169 yesterday (they were too soft for me) and talked with a girl at Kagura Powder Station.

She showed me 2008 K2 catalog and we laughed... Phatluv graphics are getting worse next year, they'll be "Gold"... \:o

I deided to get this years model.

When I saw some people hiking up the mountains, I was thinking maybe I want touring bindings on my Phatluvs but they are not cheap and I'm not sure I need them or not, so Salomon bindings will do.

Who were skiing in Hakuba today? Looks like pretty heavy snowing there, any pics of March fresh powder?? ;\)

I had to work today and I'll be Karuizawa tomorrow but no skiing...

big thanks to FT for showing us his 'secret spots' yesterday. Awesome day: good snow, sick trees, hilarious crew (w/Dizzy & Stuntcok) and no patrol. Oh, I forgot the killer Italian curry, hold the Italian I had for lunch lol.gif