The ski resort in Japan where you experienced the best snow?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Akakura kanko and Seki Onsen in Feb this year. We arrived at midnight on the second day of a 3 day front that dropped over 4 metres and caused chaos for the locals. Straight to Seki the next morning

Best all time for me had to be Tsunan in Niigata, the snow that day was beyond awesome!

Had other good snow days in plenty of other resorts, but for I think that had to of been my best!

I think the prize in my case must go to Cortina.

Again living nearby gives it more of a chance, but it does get some lovely snow.

:thumbsup:

sadly for us, the day we went there was so much snow that we couldn't explore too much.

It was brilliant fun on the standard pistes though.

I have skied all over Japan and have loved everywhere I've tried. If you want quanity of snow then head for central honshu resorts, if you want uber light powder head north to anywhere in Hokkaido. The lightest snow in Japan is in central hokkaido in resorts such as Furano, Tomamu , Sahoro and if you like powder I agree with the guys saying Asahidake! Asahidake isn't a resort though just lift accessible off piste but has amazing views and is better skiing than most overseas heliskiing without having to pay for the chopper.

If you normally ski overseas then anywhere in Japan will blow your mind with its snow and all of the places mentioned by the other posts are epic places to ski.

Heaviest - Maiko in Yuzawa, flakes bigger than golf balls.

Deepest - Hakuba, New Years 2008, I had to clear over 2 meters of snow off the driveway.

Lightest - Many to choose from, but one day in Naeba about 1992 was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...