• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Isn't that a tourist spot because of a cigarette advert?

The big tree in Hawaii that's on all the Hitachi ads is actually about twenty yards from the big highway through Honolulu. It's not far from Pearl Harbour.

Other than farming, Biei is nothing but trees/fields that were used in some advertising photo or television commercial. I've ridden a horrid mama-chari bike all over hill and dale there looking at the trees! The train station was nice, and there was a good bakery across the street.

God no.

Just phoned them up to ask for a bank address, so gave them the branch number.

Then asked for an account number, but don't have one, just wanted an address. Can't give me it without an account number, so they asked again. Told them I don't have one, I would just like the address based on the account number.

Again they asked for account number. Repeat one more time. Phone slammed down.

• 1 month later...

Why is it that whenever I go to the bank there are always people busy at the ATM machines. And they seem to be writing a novel or something on the machines and take FOREVER!

I'm sure people are way way quicker back home.

Originally Posted By: 1
Why is it that whenever I go to the bank there are always people busy at the ATM machines. And they seem to be writing a novel or something on the machines and take FOREVER!

They are most probably transferring $$$ to other, called Furikomi.
It is a biatch to be stuck behind, and I agree that they should have a line or 2 dedicated to only taking out cash!
Originally Posted By: 1

oh mate, you have hit on one of my mega pet peeves about this place!! veryangry

Its great that you can use the machine to pay bills etc, BUT when (for example) the post office only has 1 ATM and there is no one using the Human Teller....use the F@#&ING human teller!! only want to get 5k out the bloody machine, but I gotta wait behind a doddery old woman who seems to be paying off the debt of the African continent in one fell swoop!!!

I get a tad overwrought

lol Yes yes. And what are all these people furikomi-ing!?

No kidding once I had to "go back" to the bank and a woman who was there 15 minutes earlier was still there punching in the numbers. All that beeping and electronic messages, enough to drive you nuts.

In my area people seem to be less inclined to do the furikomi from the atms in convenience stores. Don't know if thats just my timing or not, but I often use the ones there to get my cash.

What always gets me is when you see people on the train fast asleep, then all of a sudden, boom, they wake up and get off at the next station.

It may not be the right station mind, but the speed some of them move at...

yeah that is funny. When I get mates over and they comment about the sleepers, I tell em to watch when they wake up. They get off the right station....it cracks em up every time

I loved it when I had to renew my drivers licence and we had to sit in on a little seminar thing. Pretty much everyone proceeded to sleep the whole way through it!