My fried was complaining about one of those last night actually klingon. . ... said it was cheap and nasty and sent it back. I remember the name as I thought it was quite funny - Thanko.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Nintendo's got some big titles coming out soon: Resident Evil 4 (FPS-ish, aiming with the Wiimote), Metroid Prime 3 on August 20th (in the US), as well as the new Mario platformer (Super Mario Galaxy) and Super Smash Bros Brawl later this year, including a new Zelda game this year.

I've been so out of it until our recent Wii purchase that Metroid's the only one that's got me stoked. Online Wii games will finally start coming out this summer though. That's a good sign.

Can't find one or just waiting?

There seem to be a few more around here now, but still in short supply.

Yeah why are you holding back thursday?

A friend had Super Paper Mario and I have been playing it the last few days. Wouldn't buy it myself, but it's good fun (more than I thought).

Quote:
In the world's gadget epicenter, Tokyo's Akihabara district, shopkeepers complain about the lack of inventory. Wii displays are covered with SOLD OUT signs, while piles of PlayStation3 boxes carry a different message: 5 percent OFF. Even the Nintendo of America company store near Seattle sees lines of employees, visitors and contractors. Forget about lucking into a Wii at your local Best Buy (Charts, Fortune 500).

It's not unusual for a new game console to sell out during its pre-Christmas introduction, only to see sales dwindle come January. But six months after the Wii's launch, sales are accelerating. Nintendo sold 360,000 boxes in the U.S. in April, 100,000 more than in March. That's two Wiis for every Xbox 360 and four for every PlayStation3.

They must be doing a lot of guffaw-ing.

I didn't hear that Nintendo had a failed "chain of love hotels". Perhaps Mario themed?
 Originally Posted By: NutteyCubey
There is an interesting read on the current Will phenom here. I must say I am surprised at how madly it is selling. It surely will be very interesting to see how things stand 1 and 2 years down the road.

That was a real interesting read. Thanks.

Zoidberg rocks.

That was a good read. My mate has a brain training game thing for Wii, had a go last night. I beat him and it's not even in my language lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Slightly off topic - I just discovered that you can DL extra levels of Wipeout Pure - FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!

CB, you gotta jump on this one, it's pretty kewl.

dont have internet at home yet SJA, bummer. Hopefully sometime this lifetime \:\)

I've had a Wiivelation. I picked up Wii Sports after lots of Virtual Console gaming with my old school favorites and love it even more. I'm trying to go Pro (1000pts or higher) in each of the five sports. I couldn't stand boxing or golf because I thought the controls were bad. Turns out it was me who was bad. I've gotten a few birdies now and improved my short game, and I can now more or less control the location of my punches.

Anyone in Japan with Wii Sports on here? I heard that Wii Sports does not come packaged with the console on purchase, which kind of surprised me. Incredible game though.

Which of the Virtual Console games do you recommend 66? It would be good if they gave demos or if not maybe just short clips so we can see them in action.

That was a classic. While some of the Virtual Console games are a real blast from the past, I think they are way over-priced for what they are. I'm sure they'd get many more takers if the prices were halved.

Then again maybe not, maybe it's the ones going after the memories only who would pay anything. After all some of them really are quite rubbish aren't they? ;\)

I think the prices are pretty reasonable. Cheaper would be nice, but some people are paying far more for some of those old school games, not even knowing if the cartridges still work or not.

I recommend Super Mario World. I just beat it, and it was an amazing game. Actraiser is incredible as well, and I had tons of fun beating that. Star Fox 64 is solid, although I haven't played too much of it yet.

Some of those earlier ones really should be dirt cheap... you can get emulations of them for much cheaper than that. But you know if people will buy them....

I remember Super Mario World when it was first out. It looked so amazing. Does it still play good then?