• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Nintendo announced Mario Kart for the Wii. Hopefully it kicks asp.

It would be really cool if they incorporated the newly announced Wii balance board (which is weight/pressure sensing). You could put that in front of you and use each side as the gas and break pedal. Just wishful thinking though, as Mario Kart Wii will probably come out before WiiFit and the balance board will.

But when asked about other, 'non-fitness' gaming applications of the Wii balance board, he immediately said a snowboarding game.

STOKED

Looks lke the $100 discount is on the 60GB version - that will be phased out in August!!

'All they're doing is taking their stock and marking the price down'

SCEE president David Reeves has told GamesIndustry.biz that the 60GB PlayStation 3 will no longer be available in the US after stock sells out - which he predicts will occur by the end of the month.

Reeves was speaking at an E3 event to announce the introduction of a new PS3 bundle in Europe. When asked about possible criticisms over whether SCEE should have given consumers the option to pay a lower price, as SCEA has done, he replied, "Well, they're not really are they, because what the US are offering from the 1st of August is a USD 599 version with one game.

"All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July."

When asked to clarify if this will mean the end of the 60GB model, Reeves answered, "In America, yes."

SCEA announced a USD 100 price cut for PlayStation 3 earlier this week. A new 80GB model will come bundled with a copy of Motorstorm and will retail for USD 599.

Sales up apparently. It might have something to do with people who wanted one and were waiting for a price drop and also wanted the better bc for ps2 games (the new 80gb isn't as good in that respect). Once it is sold out though, it's back to the one sku at $599. They seem to really want to charge that price.

I hope EA Big makes a full-fledged, original content SSX for the Wii using the new Wii Fit balance board. It senses your weight and where you apply pressure. Even Miyamoto for Nintendo mentioned snowboarding first when asked about the Wii Fit balance board's application outside of the Wii Fit health game. E

(Even the skiing in SSX would work, just turning the Wii Fit board 90 degrees.)

I'm really looking forward to that there are probably a lot of ways to use that which we wouldn't imagine right now... I'm sure the big N will have some innovative ideas for it. Annoying the way they release the same games so much later.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to make the point, and a good one too -- Resident Evil (Wii) is really great. The Wii control system really makes a difference. The "new" version that should be out next year should be amazing.

Originally Posted By: klingon
Just to make the point, and a good one too -- Resident Evil (Wii) is really great. The Wii control system really makes a difference. The "new" version that should be out next year should be amazing.
Yeah, the game is incredible. "New" version though? The US is getting Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in November. It's a recap of RE:0 through RE:3 with some new areas, and it's all first-person on-rails shooter style. (Think "Houses of the Dead" - you can't really move your own character, very arcade-style.) It's definitely a watered-down version of the series. I'm pretty sure Capcom is aiming for the 'non-traditional' gamers who have bought the Wii. The good news is that it is two-person co-op, so you can shoot 'em up at the same time with a friend.

Some guys got to play a hands-on demo of RE:UC at E3 though, and this game has A LOT of work left on it if it's going to be even half as good as RE:4 for the Wii. Capcom actually bumped the release date back a month to November after the negative reports came out on the game. Hopefully the later release was a reaction to the comments so they can fix things.

Resident Evil 5 is coming out on the PS3 and 360, but not until 2009 or 2010. There are currently no plans to bring it to the Wii, but Resident Evil's creator said it was a possibility in the future. However, he also said the decision to put future RE titles on the Wii would be dependent on RE:4 sales and RE:UC sales. RE:4 is still selling like hotcakes in the US and sold well in Japan for a few months. Hopefully RE:UC is good enough to warrant similar sales. He also said future RE titles on the Wii could involve taking RE:1, RE:2 or RE:3 and making them in the RE:4 Wii style, which would be pretty cool.

Personally, I'd rather have RE:5, but I doubt they could just port it over from the PS3 or 360 because the graphics, textures, physics and shading are absolutely top notch. (They released a trailer of it a few weeks ago and it's one of the most polished-looking console games I've ever seen.) They might need to build it from the ground up if they want to put it on the Wii.

Only time will tell!

I remember my first time with resident evil on the PS. Didn't know what to expect. Gave my chills and made my neck hairs stand. The GF screaming unexpectedly didn't help either. Plus I was playing past midnight.

Originally Posted By: thursday
I remember my first time with resident evil on the PS. Didn't know what to expect. Gave my chills and made my neck hairs stand. The GF screaming unexpectedly didn't help either. Plus I was playing past midnight.

HELLZ JEAH!

It was the same for me watching my wife (then GF) play Silent Hill late at night in her dorm room almost ten years back. Spooky ish.

I got a bit of that same vibe playing RE:4 for the Wii, as it's my first stab at a horror game. Using the Wii Remote immerses you even further. It must look like a conniption fit when I run out of bullets and start slashing away at three Gannados surrounding me, frantically whipping my Wiimote in the air above our coffee table.

Definitely good fun!

The new PS3 games here cost 50 quid! Thats like 12000 yen with the exchange rates at the moment. \:o

Phew, expensive business this gaming lark in this country.

About 7000 yen I think which with the rates as they are at the moment is just under 30 quid. More sensible average rates over the last 5-10 years and you are looking more like 35 quid.

• 2 weeks later...