Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Some of those earlier ones really should be dirt cheap... you can get emulations of them for much cheaper than that. But you know if people will buy them....

I remember Super Mario World when it was first out. It looked so amazing. Does it still play good then?

Yeah, it does. I found in some levels I would play with the Classic Controller's D-pad, and in other areas with the analog stick.

And regarding the emulators, I got a $10 Dreamcast a couple years back just to play a CDR of 200 emulated, old NES games that was compatible for it. Almost a quarter of them didn't work, and another quarter of them had sketchy gameplay. I think $5 is fine for an old NES game (if it's good enough to get in the first place - as there are plenty of crap games out there). $5 is what I'll spend on a burger and fries. If it's a good game, I don't mind spending that same amount.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

I just picked up the new Wii version of Resident Evil 4 for $30 (retail!). I've concluded that the Wii was made for blowing heads off of zombies and brainwashed villagers with the Wiimote. Absolutely incredible.

Originally Posted By: klingon
That is a great game. Especially for someone who hasn't played it before on Gamecube or PS2, a must buy.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. It just gets better the further I get into the game.

Watching my wife play it is hilarious. She's a decent gamer, but she just screams and jumps as I as I wish she would ollie when she gets slain by something offscreen. Classic.

I couldn't agree more: For anyone who hasn't played this game on the PS2 or Gamecube, this Wii version is the definitive version and is a must-buy, especially at the lower price it retails for.
 Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Ace. I used to be really good at that. Did you put your beer on the PS2 to complete the experience?

Bags, I put all the beers on the coffee table and slapped it everytime I got bombed.

But alas, it got really stale again after just 2 weeks. Still got it taking up space. Maybe give it another spin this weekend..... maybe not.

If I had an original standup or sit down arcade box it would have to be either Defender or Star Wars. Classic games.

I also remember being keen on a game called Tron - I believe it is coming to XBox Live Arcade this year. That will bring back some memories, perhaps rose-tinted ones.

Quote:
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s Wii game console outsold Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 by a ratio of over 6 to 1 in June in Japan, a game magazine publisher said, solidifying Nintendo's leading position.

Nintendo sold 270,974 units of the Wii in the four weeks ended June 24, compared with 41,628 units for the PS3 and 17,616 units for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360, according to data from Enterbrain.

The Wii's lead against the PS3 was 4 to 1 in April and 5 to 1 in May.

At that rate, another few months and it will be 10 to 1.

Interesting that.

I don't think there is that much room for moving actually. PS3 has a lot of bad buzz around it and if anything sales are going down rather than up. It might get to a certain point when it is a lost cause. I don't think that will happen, but where are all the titles? (Where are ANY titles?!)

They reckon this "Home" concept might be the turning point but that will be in the last part of the year.

There must be some alarmed people over at Sony these days. They must be praying that the Wii bubble bursts soon.

E3 is next week so there should be some 'exciting' news coming from that. They might even put last-gen rumble back in the PS3 controller. Will be interesting to hear the explanations for that.

Seems MS are owning up to the unacceptable level of red lights ring of death on the 360:

"Microsoft has said that it is facing a bill of more than $1bn to cover the cost of offering extended warranties, after failings with its Xbox 360. The company admitted it had been forced to make "an unacceptable number of repairs" to the consoles after key hardware failed. Customers who suffer the problems will now be given a free three-year warranty, the company said. The failures are indicated by three red flashing lights on the console."

More than $1bn.