• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Next gen console launch is really expensive business, which partly explains why there's only MS and Sony battling it out this time around (see Sega, etc.) Wii, while extremely successful, is not a truly next generation console in terms of computing power (but it's hella fun, we'll see about it's lasting power compared to the two biggies).

Latest weekly sales, getting worse for PS3

DSL 194,526

Wii 83,754

PSP 35,700

PS2 20,995

PS3 19,996

Xbox360 7,365

GBM 1,177

GBASP 1,023

GC 347

DS 82

GBA 34

A DS/PSP chart like that would be interesting. That DS thing is really trouncing the PSP. The thing is STILL sold out even now. My mate was buying one for his cousin and said that they were forming queues on the days when new stock came in at Bic.

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
Funny how the 360 starts off at the same point as the other two - even though it had been released a year earlier!! eek.gif
the other 2 don't start at zero. They have about a 180,000 unit lead on wii, and the wii killed them in no time.

I am waiting for the official import here.

And that 180000 or so 'lead' that the x360 had was built up over a full year! Basically it isn't in the race. What is surprising so far is how little the ps3 is as well, though the lack of titles goes to explain a fair bit. By the time the ps3 gets some big titles out, just how far ahead will the wii be.

If Wii stops selling and PS3 continues at this rate, it catches up November 2, 2007.

At this week's PS2 and DS rates, DS catches up to PS2 August 26, 2007.

Wii comparisons: After 11 weeks, Wii's total is now about where GameCube was late August 2002, nearly a full year after launch. It's where DS was 5-6 weeks after launch. It's where PS2 was 10 weeks after launch. PS2 continues on in the 60-90K range each week for some time more, so given Wii supply I doubt it "catches up" anytime soon; if Wii demand manages to stay high, maybe once it's been out 3 times this long.

PS3 comparisons: After 14 weeks, PS3 appears to have hit what PS2 did in a little over a week. It also appears to be at another GameCube intersection, being at the total GCN was in just over 14 weeks.

Through 6 weeks, Nintendo has sold more hardware units than it did in the entire first quarter of any recent year. I've pointed out previously how strong MS's start has been relative to previous years, but now at 6 weeks they've sold more hardware units than they have in the first 17 weeks of any previous year.

1. Wii has an almost 900k lead on PS3 in 11 weeks.

2. The PS3 has never been closer week-to-week with the Wii than 20k units, and 45k units this year.

3. The PS3 hasn't sold more than 76k units in one week since launch.

4. The Wii hasn't sold less than 65k units in one week since launch.

5. The PS3 has never come closer than 28% market share.

6. The Wii hasn't lost market share since it went on sale.

7. The PS3 just had its second best week of the post-holiday year. 23,431 (1st - 25,531 - 1/8-1/14)

8. The Wii just had its second worst week of the post-holiday year. 78,550 (1st - 93,708 - 1/8-1/14)

9. In the same time that the PS3 sold 100k, the Wii sold 400k. The 360 sold 35k.

Cureent questions on the amazing Voting channel

Dog or Cat?

Which do you hope for more - World Peace or personal happiness?

If your friend is 10 minutes late, are you angry or not?

Gripping stuff........

Quote:
Dog or Cat?
Which do you hope for more - World Peace or personal happiness?
If your friend is 10 minutes late, are you angry or not?
Sounds very strange...do explain. Where do the questions come from?