Realistically it reduces the chance of them choosing Tokyo for the following Summer Lympics, being Asia and all. That's the theory anyway.

Ishihara really does seem a nasty piece of work.

Think that money could be better spent on other things right now. Ishihara is a dickhead...I would love to slap 7 shades of shit outta him. I reckon that once you started, you wouldn't be able to stop!! biggrin

Anyone know any details about the ski area that has won it then? I thought Korea got shitty snow

Beaver - yeah Korea gets pretty shitty snow. Definately not a place for a beginner, its like falling on concrete...or ICE! (b/c it's ice, lol)

Mostly fake snow packed down by literally thousands and thousands of koreans...no space at all. If I was there again I'd go, but I wouldn't make a trip out of it. However, they can make the olympics work there, I'm sure they don't care about the quality of the snow, lol.

Big question is how well will Korea do with it? Usually they build things quick/in a hurry and they don't turn out well, like when F1 came there, built a shady stadium and the inspectors said (basically) "wtf?!" lol

Yeah, but they (koreans) all wanted it.

Compared to Munich, only 55% wanted it.

Snow? who gives a toss. You are All spectators ... pro´s do it in all condition. wink

He's the Goven'r of Tokyo. Racist, bigot, obsessed with Japan vs world, and general annoying and possibly quite dangerous jiji.

You could imagine him imagining himself being a Bond baddie, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted By: masher of moguls
Yeah snow doesn't matter at all....

Congrats to the South Koreans.

I think he means that snow doesn't have to be the best quality powder - for the Olympics it could even be man made snow for all the events.
Originally Posted By: stemik
I think he means that snow doesn't have to be the best quality powder.

Ahhh! Naruhodo!
That could be the only explanation they chose to give it to Nagano, for sure. razz
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
Originally Posted By: stemik
I think he means that snow doesn't have to be the best quality powder.

Ahhh! Naruhodo!
That could be the only explanation they chose to give it to Nagano, for sure. razz

lol
Niseko did try to get the Olympics but FIS ruled that the downhill course was too similar to the cross country one. biggrin

This is an extremely poor decision by the IOC. Having spent more than a couple seasons in Korea skiing, I am very surprised. Korea just doesn't really get precipitation in winter. Added to the fact a highly corrupt business leader was pardoned by the President and thus released from prison to help Korea secure their bid tells it all really. Good for Korea no doubt, however there needs to be snow to compete.

thing is maybe having to shovel snow, is unfortunately more like they most likely will need to do so. And building lots and lots of snow cannons is an absolute must.