Originally Posted By: Go Native
A deepening La Nina through the northern autumn has been shown to correlate to a stronger east asian winter monsoon so I think you're onto something there Tex! thumbsup

Nice! Let's hope dreams come true smile
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: owabi moushiagemasu
My pet dog told me it is going to be crazy deep snow this season.

I believe him. He's usually right.

thumbsup

You might believe him but we don't know him.

What are his credentials?
Originally Posted By: owabi moushiagemasu
My pet dog told me it is going to be crazy deep snow this season.

I believe him. He's usually right.

thumbsup

Actually is he/she a St Bernard? They know snow!
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
They're always drunk aren't they? wink

My own experience with drunkenness is: I am always right! so maybe that dog is on to something! cheers

Well that would be awesome if it happens! Almost Day After Tomorrow type scenario. Maybe snowdudes predictions of the coming ice age aren't so out there afterall? wink

I watched that the other night and was thinking about Snowdude's prediction!! lol

Wonder if the Russians will get this right. The rival to the Met Office in the UK is predicting a cold winter as well

The whole issue of the Gulf Stream possibly shutting down due to a number of factors actually brought about by global warming is very interesting. It does have the potential to precipitate at least a mini ice age and life in Europe would certainly become rather difficult during the winter. Imagine if most of the precipitation over the British Isles fell as snow instead of rain through much of the winter?

I know, already the country grinds to a halt in winter when they get an inch or 2 of snow. If it was to be uber amounts........ omg

Although listening to old people talk, it used to be that way when they were young. My granny always says that they had to crawl through 10 feet of snow, with open toed sandals on their feet and nothing but a duffel jacket over her dress for warmth just to get to school! grandpa

^^ At least your Granny stayed Tubby.

My Dad recalls the cold in bitter detail, when he retells the story of why his family escaped to warmer climes in Aus for the mere price of a 10 pound family ticket. wink

I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, but according to the Japanese Meteorological Agency it is not looking good this winter for snow fall.

I still think it is a little bit early to be forecasting what the weather is going to be like, but it does not look good.

http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/longfcst/000_2_30.html

I hope la nina really kicks in.

I don't know it doesn't look too bad to me. Around Hakuba area they are going for average snowfalls and with few areas down that way having reached the average for a number of years it would end up being a great season. Average snowfall in Japan is pretty awesome!

Up north it's an even bet on average or a little below. We'll see how it firms up as the season gets closer.

I shouldn't worry about the JMA forecast they are always wrong. They predicted a cool summer this year and we got the hottest summer in over a 100 years!

I still say we are in for a very very cold winter!

Let's see how winter turns out this year.