I didn't know about Skymark, and that's a good deal. It's good to get the info out there for the people. Fwiw, Airdo is 40000 plus ret, and the other airlines are 60,000. For folks taking time off work at short notice, I guess you'll have to take what is there. There's only one Kobe flight a day on Skymark, for example.

If you don't book last minute, you can get a package to Sapporo at cheaper than the Skymark fare with two days' accom included. Assuming you want to go to Sapporo, that is.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skymark release flights for booking 2 months in advance. If you book right on 2 months out you can often get flights between Chitose and Haneda or Kobe for just under Y10,000. It's a no frills airline but pretty cheap.

Anyway there's no resort I know of in the world where you can guarantee great snow for a short stay trip. Luck will always be involved. Niseko has got to be one of the more consistent out there though.

2alpes opening (france), saasfee with some pow (swiss) and 1 month of test material (ski-snowboard), val senales glacier open last week (italy), Stelvio is open until the end of october (italy) then close since may for enough snow.

Hintertux has 110cm at 3000m , 21km of 42km open now. It snowed there on the 5/10.

So, if I see any sign of snow this weekend, we are going. Will take pics.

It really is looking like winter out there. Getting colder by the day but some sunny days here and there to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Btw, I think the Hakuba peaks will see snow maybe Sunday night or Monday. A good ten days later than recent years.

I was wrong there, but it looks more likely in the next couple of days. Which will be three weeks later than normal. The autumn leaves line moved noticably down the mountain last night.

There was a bit of sun in the morning here and we peaked at about 6 degrees before it dropped down near to 2 degrees at midday. It's remained between 2 ans 3 degrees for the rest of the day.