Been done before but there's one at the moment that is just mindblowingly deafening.

The swallowing noises on beer/drink tv ads.

There's one now with this jiji dude looking like a sukebe jiji and then taking a few swigs of some shite beer. And the noise. Want to punch the tv in.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empty, wide, dual-carriage way road.

No-one going either way.

Early morning.

An ambulance comes from behind. Clearly visible. Loads of room.

Driver of my vehicle comes to an almost standstill right up against the left hand side of the left lane.

"Why did you do that, there was tons of room, no need to do anything?"

"Because we were taught to"

Must have been going slow to end up with an ambulance behind... Where I was ambulances got around with sirens and lights blazing, but dont go a km over the speed limit. It was more likely that you would get caught in a line of traffic stuck behind an ambulance doing 50km (the speed limit) on a road everyone ususlly does 70-80km on.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
is there some weird Japanese by-law that I am unaware of that requires cyclists to ride on the opposite side of the road and into oncoming traffic?

And 3 side by side as well.

another one that cracks me up is when there is a tiny road/street that has traffic lights on it and although its only 1 lane wide, people stop when its clear cos the red man is showing. There is one near my house and this morning this salaryman legged it past me on his way to the station, he got to this tiny road that never has any cars anyway, and stopped cos the red man was showing, as I crossed over I could almost hear his mind turning over....."gaijin is crossing....but there's a red light.....wait a minute there are no cars....I can cross!"

he then proceeded to run past me again on his way to the station. lol

We had some RedBull reps come in the other day. We manage two bars in Niseko this season and will certainly go through some RedBull. So of course we asked if we bought it in bulk would there be any discount per can. Answer? No.

They did tell us we could have a happy hour and promote Redbull by offering it at a discount. Ok good idea, will they offer us any discount so we can pass it on. Answer? No.

And people wonder why the econonmy in this country is shite? rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Go Native
We had some RedBull reps come in the other day. We manage two bars in Niseko this season and will certainly go through some RedBull. So of course we asked if we bought it in bulk would there be any discount per can. Answer? No.
They did tell us we could have a happy hour and promote Redbull by offering it at a discount. Ok good idea, will they offer us any discount so we can pass it on. Answer? No.

And people wonder why the econonmy in this country is shite? rolleyes

HA That's funny I have a mate who is sponsored by Red Bull and he has cases and cases of the stuff to give away, so much he can barely give it all away....