• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So had to go to SMBC today to get a new bank book (which I still think is bonkers!) and a new card, as I haven't used them in about 6 years. Had to pay 2,100 for the privilege of getting these new provisions. WTF?!

You mean the book that you can put in the machine to get a printout of all you + and -? I quite like those actually keeps the whole record neat. But my local bank here they don't cost anything.

The "do not overtake" sign on the back of a gritting machine on the 2-lane expressway. OK when conditions are bad I can understand but when conditions are just fine there's NO reason not to pass. But a queue a few km back forms with everyone staying behind it.

Until 1 person goes, then they all go. You see, I'm a leader! wink

The way China is always on the news.

For naughty things.

Now it's the young skaters.

And the thing that cracks you up is when they interview people in China and the response is ALWAYS supporting their own people.

Wonder if it's biased at all.

Surely not.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I just experienced one of those mad excessive manpower things.

Seems they just NEED to move some snow from the side of Route 17 this morning. It isn't really in the way and doesn't look to me like it is in any way dangerous. And it's raining and mild and so is melting away. But no, we need to get rid of it.

So..... this is what they had there this morning for that 15m stretch of wall of snow:

8 guys doing the traffic

7 trucks on standby in a nearby road, drivers just sitting there

4 guys in 2 snow moving machines

8 guys standing around with shovels

27 dudes!

veryshocked

The use of the 'word' ザ   as in 'the'

Funny when it is used before some traditional Japanese.

The questions that you get asked that aren't really questions crack me up. Or annoy me depending on my mood.

Foreigners eat bread for dinner, don't they.

Japanese people work very hard don't they.