• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha funny lol

Japan up tonight.

I'm troubled. I wish I wanted them to do well, but I don't. For the sake of my sanity and Japan media and people who aren't interested in footie being obsessed with footie and being very annoying.

Kinda like the same problem with England.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
and people who aren't interested in footie being obsessed with footie and being very annoying.

Ah yes all the "experts" that suddenly come out of the woodwork for the World Cup.
They make me laugh.
You're allowed to enjoy it, but stop the expert commentary purleeease...

The latest trend in even "proper" football coverage seems to be get people to talk about football while showing as little of it as possible. MOTD is fifteen minutes of clips and thirty-five minutes of state the largely obvious while repeating the same clips. On Saturday, they were so busy prattling on that they didn't have time to show the Korea game. It's basically pundits as celebs. I think the idea is for them to appear as proxy mates for people who don't have any. Some with all the podcasts, minute by minutes, etc.

Originally Posted By: Mantas

Australia 0 Germany 4.... Four lucky goals!

A close game. We were right in it until the start of the match.

lol

The world cup just confirms my theories about sukka...
Give me AFL anyday! party
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
2 - 1 for Japan tonight... Tulio will end the match with a hat trick! wink

lol

He will def end up as Japan's top scorer, the rest couldn't score in a brothel!

Hope Japan does well, but can't see it. I think it'll be 2-0 Cameroon tonight, Japan MAY get a draw against denmark but they should take a jolly good thrashing from the Dutch.

ガンãƒã‚Œ 日本

Let's see if the vuvuzelas are louder than the Japanese commentators shouting "CHANCE NIPPON!" when they cross the halfway line.

Methinks not.

lol

They don't even need to be as far forward as the halfway line to get excitable hey.

With the vuvuzelas and the commentary, that is definitely one to mute out.

I was hoping for that on NHK but sadly no. Wonder who will win out though, those annoyng bee-trumpets or the high-pitch shrieking from the Japanese fans when they approach the half way line

Yep, crappy english commentary on sky. no pundit co-host, totally unbiased and unenthusiastic. can hardly hear it over the horns anyway.

BAN THE FRICKING HORNS!