• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
Did you hear a bout Maradona wanting his hotel room's john replaced with a brand new one. And he wanted all the Argentinian players to have their hotel rooms painted all white for "relaxation". The hotel needed to install a games room for video games, and the buffet had to have 10 hot options and 10 salad options. Damn, that's just Club Med. Simple.

He's a total nutter.
They will very likely win this game and do well, but I hope not.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Originally Posted By: scouser
Tons of empty seats at the Korea vs Greece game.

This constant droning noise is rapidly getting very very annoying.

The empty seats thing stresses me out to no entirety. The whole message conveyed by FIFA having the cup in a country like South Africa is equality. Yet, there are all these seats and thousands of people outside who cannot afford the ticket to get in. Would be nice to see them allocate a certain section or amount of tickets to give out to locals.

I absolutely think SA is the wrong place to have the World Cup. But since it's happening, I'm hoping nothing nasty like a terrorist attack or a homeground stampede happens. Plus those mofos on their horns should go home and eat themselves.

Not to mention how poor it's going to leave the country afterward.

something like 5 new stadiums? There is no possible way all of those will be used after FIFA pulls out and takes all the money with them.

But... but... but.. but all those locals, and lots of children with smiley faces, on the telly looking so happy and dancing and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click to reveal..
Sarcasm

But really, it should NOT be in South Africa.

heard on the radio that there were more American fans in SA than English fans. Given the popularity of "soccer" (<-hate that word) in the states, its a bit surprising.

Yep, USA 1st, England 2nd according to this month's 442.
heard on the radio that there were more American fans in SA than English fans. Given the popularity of "soccer" (<-hate that word) in the states, its a bit surprising.

It's getting huge here thursday. My generation really is where it skyrocketed. It probably is the most popular youth sport here now. I can see the US getting really good in the next 10 years.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

It's getting huge here thursday. My generation really is where it skyrocketed. It probably is the most popular youth sport here now. I can see the US getting really good in the next 10 years.

But please give it its proper name. FOOTBALL.