Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Anyone long-termer watching Japanese tv today is asking for it.

But eff me, what a shit game. I reckon there is something seriously up in the Cameroon camp. They made no effort and Song just sat on the bench watching some cloggers do some very leisurely clogging. It makes no sense.

Missed that game. Only heard the result this morning and was quite surprised. Wonder what Cameroon's problem was. I'll have to search around the internet for a stream...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most interesting thing about the game was why all the Cameroon players seem to have their labels out on their shorts. Tuck your labels in!

Japan was clearly the better team last night. The old problems though keeping popping up though. The mid field is quite good but Japan lacks a valid striker or winger. They also dont know how to play with a lead in the last 10 minutes. Too many panick attacks and not enough movement. Japan though has a good chance to move through now. Cameroon shot itself in the foot with no energy until the last 20 minutes.

Quote:
Japan was clearly the better team last night.

That's like saying Accrington Stanley were clearly better than Chesterfield in a dull League 2 game.

They were both poor. The difference was Japan seemed to want to do something, but are hampered by a simple lack of ability. Whereas Cameroon seemed to want to not win. For whatever wackybacky reason is going on in their camp. They just didn't turn up and didn't seem bothered too either.
Originally Posted By: scouser
Seems we are agreed Mr Wiggles!

Ha ha great minds...!

Song is a fine player, a real presence in the middle. Le Guen has previous regarding bother with players. I think we must have mutiny in the camp.

TB - have listened to streams on 5live and BBC 1 and haven't heard it mentioned once.

Now if you talk about the dumbass football fans who think that England deserves to win because England codified/invented football and the final win 44yrs ago, and you've decided to lump me in with them, cheers. wink

You clearly have an issue with the World Cup and English football, probably growing up and having it rammed down your throat left, right and centre.

There was no need for a personal attack like that was there?

Worst...world...cup...ever

Crappy 0-0, 1-0 games

Crappy ball that cant be controlled

Crappy horns that effectively make it like watching the game with sound off (no crowd reaction during build up or close miss etc, it is drowned out by ceaseless horns)

Crappy half empty stadiums.

Its true that the energy doesn't seem to be there... I've found quite a few of the matches to be a bit boring (but it won't stop me from watching) Looking forward to the Portugal game tonight!!! It'll also be interesting to see how badly Brazil destroys North Korea...

Dunno might be a good earner for some players who bet on the North Koreans with those odds. Purposefully lose the game, cash in, then go on to win the next two. wink

Not that any person of high morals would even consider doing such a thing.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
TB - have listened to streams on 5live and BBC 1 and haven't heard it mentioned once.

Now if you talk about the dumbass football fans who think that England deserves to win because England codified/invented football and the final win 44yrs ago, and you've decided to lump me in with them, cheers. wink

You clearly have an issue with the World Cup and English football, probably growing up and having it rammed down your throat left, right and centre.

There was no need for a personal attack like that was there?

Rob......personal attack....what are you on about?
I've listened to 3 games on 5 live, the England Usa game being one of them and it was mentioned a few times.
"The last time North korea were in a World Cup, guess who the winners were?"
"It's nothing to worry about, we drew our first game in 66 and look what happened"
and a few others that i can't recall

I have an ssue with the World Cup?? How exactly do you figure that?
I have a problem with English Football.....no I don't, I enjoy watching English Football. English/British media coverage of said game...yep I have a problem with that

Pie-Eater: what does it have to do with anything here....well its to show that Japanese TV isn't that bad, people were complaining about how the Japanese media have now (will now) be building Japan up to be world beaters just cos they beat Cameroon and I was pointing out that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The TV coverage back home is just as bad, continuously harking back to past glory. Do i have a chip on my shoulder....you bet your ass I do! 40-odd years later and its STILL getting air time.

Scouser said it best, its in the past and has nothing to do with what is going on now.

Its funny how the wagons circle when someone dares to talk out about good ol England rolleyes
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
well its to show that Japanese TV isn't that bad

In that case, I must declare --- Mission Fail!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
The TV coverage back home is just as bad, continuously harking back to past glory. Its funny how the wagons circle when someone dares to talk out about good ol England rolleyes

Seems to me that, looking in the history books, England actually do have something to hark back to if they so wish to. [However shite they are now].
That's just to make a point - I am certainly not 'harking on' about it, because it means nowt to me.

Japan doesn't.

Yeah, the MEDIA.

Quote:
Though from the TV news this morning they are the best team ever.

Quote:
That's why I prefer a Japan fail.

I refuse to watch Japanese tv now, it's an unbearable no go zone. I'm sure I'll survive

just a couple of quotes that were talking about how people here don't like the Japanese media coverage when japan get a decent result, all I said was that it was comparable to the same coverage back home.....then come the charge of the heavy horse