Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Quote:
But, if the keeper was better it wouldnt have gone in!

A fine point, indeed.

Interesting about the exchange thing, where abouts CB?

Bags, I dont know any details yet...sure Ill find out more once its confirmed!
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 Chile, wow another great game packed with excitement and goals, and everyone not spamming the ball over from 30 yards every 5 mins.

crappest...world cup...ever...

ban the horns and the ball!

Good point here though

"Whilst it would have been nice to have had a few great games by now and some more goals, It's not time to start writing this world cup off yet. The great World cups are mainly remembered for the knockout stages and I'd rather have the best teams playing averagely at this point and keeping their powder dry than the false dawn of say 2002 which started brilliantly before dipping to be the worst tournament since 1990. There are some potentially epic knockout games on the cards. I'm already stoked for Argentina v Germany. Or it could be rubbish all the way through."

What I find funny, is that the for the period between the last World cup and this one, so many players get deified and vilified, and in the end, we are expected to get behind whichever country we are from and these players represent.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
What I find funny, is that the for the period between the last World cup and this one, so many players get deified and vilified, and in the end, we are expected to get behind whichever country we are from and these players represent.

I really don't comprede'. But if it's England or something like it, then of course, England will lose. They are shit. And they should stop pretending not to be.

Spain 0 - Swiss 1

A game that that Spanish just didn't deserve to win, too much dicking about on the ball.

Why Fabregas didn't play, considering he has scored more goals than Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso all season. Go Figure.

South Africa 0 - Uruguay 3

A much better game from the Uruguayans and South Africas, and a potential goal of the tournament from Forlan, a screamer from at least 25 yards out.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: RobBright

I really don't comprede'. But if it's England or something like it, then of course, England will lose. They are shit. And they should stop pretending not to be.

The media vilify players, such as in England's case, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ferdinand, and then when a world cup comes around, tries to emphasise the point about them being English and supporting out team.
Look at Green's 'error' against the USA, the newspapers jumped on him, and tried to blame it all on him.
Bloody hate British/English media. Spanish is just as bad too.

I cant stand those things...it sounds like its a giant wasp nest or something. Itd be nice to be able to hear the fans cheering!

I only watched the Chile game. They pretty much dominated it, but it was fun to watch. Hisashiburi ni drank an Ebisu cheers

Brazil only scraping past N Korea and Spain being beaten. Surprise results so far by an excellent Swiss defence. Interest level still down there though. There needs to be some World Cup babe photos in here. evilgrin

Originally Posted By: rider69
Quote:
Its full of these bunnies from the jungle trying to rob all the visitors.

How is that above comment not racist?

Maybe with all the world cup excitement, Thursday's back on the sauce.

Yes, the tone of this thread would tell an outside observer all they need to know about how "thrilling" this world cup has been so far.

On the bright side, at least it won't be held in South Africa again in my lifetime.