• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
If you are seriously saying that this doesn't happen then you are more blinkered and deluded than I thought.

I found this to be a personal attack.

Having a friendly discussion about things is ok, but pulling out an insult or few just isn't necessary.

Wow!! A personal insult.....really?? Come on Rob how exactly is that a personal insult?? If you truly believe that to be true then you must have lead a very sheltered life. Fans by definiton are blinkered and deluded, so anyone who feels for a team can be described as blinkered and deluded. It was a foul; It wasn't a foul; he wasn't offside; he was offside; he didn't handball it; he did handball it. We can go on and on.

Ger has hit the nail on the head, for some reason English fans can't take another person (perhaps another Brit) going against their team. The wagons get circled and the person is hounded.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Ger has hit the nail on the head, for some reason English fans can't take another person (perhaps another Brit) going against their team. The wagons get circled and the person is hounded.

That is just a truly pathetic comment.

As can amply be seen in this thread alone, English fans are perhaps the biggest critics of the England team.

I was slightly worried that the world might end in flames if Brazil humiliated them. Perhaps they were told that a big win would constitute an attack and be the start of a War.

Yes that is a silly comment.

Many fans are most definitely passionate about football and their club teams. Coming across as 'blinkered and deluded' is perhaps something that people can come across as being after a few beers or just having a laugh with mates discussing their team etc, but most real supporters can be and often are absolutely savage in their criticism of their own team and everything that goes on. There's a ton of love and passion but not really deep down delusion, with some exceptions of course.

If anyone is really 'blinkered and deluded', it's people who make comments like that, which are obviously real easy to quickly type out to stir things up.

Oh, and the kind people who don't really like football but come on board just for the World Cup and get worked up by the hype even when they don't understand or really care deep down - they are often the most blinkered and deluded ones of all.

As for England - simply don't care and from what I can gather lots of people are the same. How many times have people said that in this thread and in the footie thread over the years. Tons. Club footie over England football any day. Throw your mud at England all you want to, I might even join you... though my care levels are so low I might give it a miss.

Quote:
Sven-Goran Eriksson has called for a summit of players and coaches to discuss the controversial World Cup ball and urged Fifa to listen to their concerns. The Ivory Coast coach has claimed that the Jabulani is making life unnecessarily difficult for goalkeepers in South Africa.

The Adidas-manufactured ball has come in for severe criticism, with England's goalkeeper David James describing it as "dreadful" and Gianluigi Buffon and Mark Schwarzer, the No1s for Italy and Australia respectively, referring to it disparagingly as "unpredictable".

"I can understand that goalkeepers are not happy, and I think the authorities should listen to them," Eriksson said. "I think the matter should be discussed. Players, coaches and perhaps top goalkeepers should get together. Especially people should listen to the goalkeepers' point of view, because the ball isn't doing them any favours."

Good job there's not many strikers taking shots!

The main problem with the ball is that it is just too damned big.

Joachim-Loew-of-Germany-i-006.jpg

Look, even if that man on the left there was a really tiny midget, it would still be way too big.

Even that massive dung beetle has problems with it.

If you ask me.