You're just simply wrong mate. The media here is a few levels below for this kind of thing and generally gormless on the subject to start with which makes it even worse.

Anyhow, aren't you from Scotland, not England? Did you leave the homeland to live in Enemyland sometime in your past to actually experience this? confused

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
well its to show that Japanese TV isn't that bad

In that case, I must declare --- Mission Fail!

Only cos you are blinkered about the TV back home.

Seems to me that, looking in the history books, England actually do have something to hark back to if they so wish to. [However shite they are now].

Japan doesn't.

Japan isn't harking back, they are just talking up their victory.
You're just simply wrong mate. The media here is a few levels below for this kind of thing and generally gormless on the subject to start with which makes it even worse.

Anyhow, aren't you from Scotland, not England? Did you leave the homeland to live in Enemyland sometime in your past to actually experience this? confused

How am I wrong exactly?

Experience what? Constant coverage of THAT win? You thnk that the BBC only broadcasts its England content to England? rolleyes

Anyway, I don't really care I just won't watch Japanese TV.

In other conspiracy news, which is better than the footie:

Quote:
The Portuguese Football Federation has dismissed reports that Nani was sent home from the World Cup for reasons other than a shoulder injury.

Speculation has been rife that there is an underlying issue as Nani travelled with the squad to South Africa and trained with them for two days after suffering the injury before being ruled out. The Manchester United winger has added fuel to the fire by telling awaiting reporters at Lisbon airport: "I'll be fine in a week."

If Nani's claims are true, the 23-year-old would have only missed Portugal's opener against the Ivory Coast tomorrow and would have recovered in time to face Brazil and North Korea.

"There is no attempting to hide anything, there was only the hope that he could have recovered," said Amandio de Carvalho, vice-president of the Portuguese federation.

Nani said: "I thought this was going to be my World Cup, I was training and playing well, but that's life. I worked a lot for this World Cup but I had the misfortune to injure myself before the start."

How am I wrong exactly?

By being incorrect. The usual reason for being wrong.

Quote:
Experience what? Constant coverage of THAT win? You think that the BBC only broadcasts its England content to England? rolleyes

Don't understand what your point is.

confused
Originally Posted By: scouser
Anyway, I don't really care I just won't watch Japanese TV.

In other conspiracy news, which is better than the footie:

Quote:
The Portuguese Football Federation has dismissed reports that Nani was sent home from the World Cup for reasons other than a shoulder injury.

Speculation has been rife that there is an underlying issue as Nani travelled with the squad to South Africa and trained with them for two days after suffering the injury before being ruled out. The Manchester United winger has added fuel to the fire by telling awaiting reporters at Lisbon airport: "I'll be fine in a week."

If Nani's claims are true, the 23-year-old would have only missed Portugal's opener against the Ivory Coast tomorrow and would have recovered in time to face Brazil and North Korea.

"There is no attempting to hide anything, there was only the hope that he could have recovered," said Amandio de Carvalho, vice-president of the Portuguese federation.

Nani said: "I thought this was going to be my World Cup, I was training and playing well, but that's life. I worked a lot for this World Cup but I had the misfortune to injure myself before the start."

Evil Head.

Incorrect only when proven by facts of the matter...the usual method of confirmation. yawn

right...I'll say it slowly, remember and keep up....

Quote:

actually experience.....what? The coverage of the media of England's exploits? Thats the thing about Britain, the BBC broadcasts its mainstream programming all over the Isles of Britain, so I have experienced "THIS" 1st hand from the comfort of my tartan ensconced walls and the comfort of my very own home. So I don't or didn't need to travel anywhere out of the Homeland to constantly come into contact with those lovely references to previous wins and the bi-polar coverage of the teams chances.

I see, funny how explaining things clearly makes other people understand what you are trying to say better than cryptic sarcastic comments, isn't it.

You can talk about stuff like this as much as you want and there's no real proving one way or the other. But your track record of England comments doesn't help make your point. When was the last time you were in that tartan ensconsed walls by the way? Aren't you living in Japan?

Anyway just for fun check out all the UK newpaper websites now - todays, yesterdays, from the weekend..... and demonstrate to us how over the top the coverage regarding this 'harking on about previous exploits' was for us. It's your chance to try and back up your comments. I've been reading them all pretty much every day, and I can't really remember anything about it, certainly not much anyway. Not on the tv clips I have seen either.

This is getting boring now. I'll do what the sensible do and not turn on the Japanest tv. wavey

TB, why do think it is that the majority of Scots, Welsh & Irish enjoy watching England lose?

I always try to support a team from the UK whenever they are playing.

I see, funny how explaining things clearly makes other people understand what you are trying to say better than cryptic sarcastic comments, isn't it.

You can talk about it as much as you want and there's no proving one way or the other. But your track record of England comments doesn't help make your point. When was the last time you were in that tartan ensconsed walls? Aren't you living in Japan?

Just for fun check out all the UK newpaper websites now - todays, yesterdays, from the weekend..... and demonstrate to us how "mad" the coverage regarding this harking on about previous exploits? I've been reading them all pretty much every day, and I can't really remember anything about it. I really can't. Not on the tv clips I have seen either.

This is getting boring now. I'll do what the sensible do and not turn on the Japanest tv.

try taking your own advice once in a while.

Track record of England comments....right.
It was boring as soon as you got all in a huff because I likened the crap tv coverage here to the crap tv coverage at home.

Stem, its a good question and one that has no reasonable or mature answer. Its definitely an inferiority complex of the smaller nations, primarily with sports. In what shouuld be a brotherhood of support is actually an intense rivalry, even if that rivalry is only felt in one direction. The media and TV broadcasts definitely keep any wound raw in the psyche of Scots, Welsh and N.Irish. TBH I don't know how if any effects that are felt by the N.Irish, but the Scots and Welsh are well documented.
I'm not anti-England, I'm not anti-english football, I like to correct the impression that the UK and England is one and the same. I don't support England and that grates in the throat of many an England fan, many a time I've been watching world cup games or euro champs games and the atmosphere has been good until I and my friends cheer against England when they concede a goal (for example). I've been in a few scrapes because of this.
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Nani was playing really well the second half of the season.
Surely it was injury that counted him out.

Yes he played really well at the end, almost Ronaldo-like in a fair few games.

I didn't actually know that New Zealand were in the comp. until I saw the list this morning.
If you are seriously saying that this doesn't happen then you are more blinkered and deluded than I thought.

I found this to be a personal attack.

Having a friendly discussion about things is ok, but pulling out an insult or few just isn't necessary.

It's a brilliant coupe. Get the world cup, get all the people with all the best gear into the country. And steal it.

Good time to go on strike too. Great bargaining power. And after the game at the stadium, send in the riot police with tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the stewards.