• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the US didn't deserve to win, but they very well should have.

One of the worst officiating jobs I have ever seen. I think it's safe to say that official will not be doing anymore games.

Quote:
There is a scene in The Office when Gareth is on the phone to the manufacturers of his calculator. "I've just got a complaint from a very important client," he tells them, "saying that the figures I gave him were wrong, and … yeah, well, basically I've checked all other possibilities and it's come down to the calculator."

It is impossible to escape the feeling that at some point not far away – perhaps even tomorrow – Capello will pick up the phone to Umbro and say: "I've just lost a reasonably important game of football, and basically I've checked all other possibilities and it's come down to the shirt."

He would have a point. One can only observe, yet again, how perfectly good, even excellent players seem automatically to malfunction the minute they don the accursed garment. The England shirt is the precise opposite of a superhero costume, turning men with extraordinary abilities into mild-mannered guys next door. Were Stephen Fry to pull it on, he would struggle to string a sentence together. Were Lucian Freud to slip it over his head he would turn his easel round to reveal a childlike scribble of a cat. Psychological meltdown is now part of the warp and weft of its wretched fibres and it will clearly take someone other than Capello to fix it.

As of the most asinine coaches out there, Capello stated "the pressure of the largest stage in the world" is the reason they cannot perform. Are you kidding me? UEFA? That's a pretty damn big stage and they can perform.

Top Tips: Capello stop making excuses your team is full of talent but cannot accomplish working together.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
As of the most asinine coaches out there, Capello stated "the pressure of the largest stage in the world" is the reason they cannot perform. Are you kidding me? UEFA? That's a pretty damn big stage and they can perform.

Top Tips: Capello stop making excuses your team is full of talent but cannot accomplish working together.

Top tips: grammar and spell checking make it easier for others to understand your point.
wink
But yes, they should be able to perform.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Rob, I am sorry I went out and enjoyed my Friday night while consuming alcohol. I forgot one word and a comma.

Good. Please write it out again 1000 times.

I should really by default be supporting England.

But I find myself preferring to see them not progress out of the groups.

Just way too annoying.

Same with Japan.

All the talk of England fans being sensitive etc....

Makes me laugh because if anything it seems to me that almost the opposite is true.