• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely leaving a cross for Heskey is not the same as kicking it into your own net!

I forgot about the game and only saw the highlights at the end. Which unsurprisingly were the goals, the missed pen, and every half chance Japan had. I had to read about Lennon getting clean through and Heskey missing from two yards in the paper.

It sounds like Ingerlund were pretty bad, but I suppose we've got form on that one. I'm more pissed off at the Mail on Sunday torpedoing the WC bid. Unlike the Olympics, there's loads of interest, the tickets will all sell, the stadiums are there, and we won it the last time. Its the biggest own goal of the decade.

Other teams beware, Heskey is on his way!

England's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Forwards: Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Didn't England play Denmark in the World Cup in Japan? I think we beat them, so they must be rubbish. wink