Got one.

Love it.

The laptop I had on in my home is now packed away. No more awkward balancing on the lap, wheres the mouse, bigness. This is a far more desirable way to surf and play.

The AppStore is immense.

Got some Kindle books going on.

Totally recommended.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

JA, only a fool argues with converts to the First Church of Jobs.

There is NO disconnect; Apple famously smashed the barrier to computer freedom and now it is helpfully banishing bad tools (like Flash) that you shouldn't be using anyway because they're bad. You don't need a network connection or a USB port because you can buy anything that you want (and that's not bad) at the apps store.

Bad isn't good, and Apple doesn't want you to not have good things (available right now at the apps store) and wants you to not have bad things (which the apps store makes sure you don't accidently get).

That said, I use a mac at home and I'm quite happy with it. And I like the ipad, it's cool! It would be a lot cooler with a network connection, two USB ports and a 50% cut in price -- I might even buy one like that.

Rather silly first line Slippery Jim, especially if aimed at me.

You sound like more of a "convert" than me, I don't own a Mac and I'm not interested in one either.

But really, isn't all this fanboy/not fanboy thing tired? And the argument usually used by those people themselves.

Quote:
and wants you to not have bad things (which the apps store makes sure you don't accidently get).

Whats that supposed to mean then? You dim enough to buy stuff you don't want? I'm sure you can do that on t'inta itself.

Certainly agree about Flash. For a user who isn't into the politics of the situation, it's ridiculous that we can't use Flash on it.

Not aimed at anyone specifically, just those who make a religion out of Apple. Try the shoe on and...if it didn't fit, you get an acquit!

Sorry the sarcasm bulb didn't flash for ya, I'll try to brighten it up some next time.

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
JA, only a fool argues with converts to the First Church of Jobs.
There is NO disconnect; Apple famously smashed the barrier to computer freedom and now it is helpfully banishing bad tools (like Flash) that you shouldn't be using anyway because they're bad. You don't need a network connection or a USB port because you can buy anything that you want (and that's not bad) at the apps store.
Bad isn't good, and Apple doesn't want you to not have good things (available right now at the apps store) and wants you to not have bad things (which the apps store makes sure you don't accidently get).

That said, I use a mac at home and I'm quite happy with it. And I like the ipad, it's cool! It would be a lot cooler with a network connection, two USB ports and a 50% cut in price -- I might even buy one like that.

Thanks for that explanation, Jim. Love it! wink

As it happens, my secondest computer was an Apple, before they decided that a locked box was the go (read Mac Classic v1, where you had to be an authorised Apple tech to get the screwdrivers to undo it).

I am NOT a fan of any system where the manufacturer tells you where you can go, what you can do there and when you should leave. I have my car serviced at an independent garage, not the dealership, because we have built up a good relationship - The dealer cannot insist that they do the only authorised service on any vehicle. Newer Macs, with dual boot facility and the option to use Win or MacOS are a sight better than the original. BUT, the 'pad is back to the future, for mine.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
This is cool.
video snipped out.
Having said that, I'm sure JA could do it on his 324 Windows XP machines if he wanted to.

wink

Cool, which means what?

As for whether I could do it on my (somewhat fewer than 324) windows machines, No, I probably couldn't, but only because my artistic ability is significantly lower than the video. Always assuming that there was no jiggery-pokery in the production of that you-tube clip wink

Sorry, my natural cynicism will not let go of the idea that film can be easily manipulated to give whatever impression is desired (else why do the movies cost so bloody much to make?).

Cool as in...

It was a friendly josh because

a) you say you can do everything on your computers and

B) you said you have 9 (?) computers in your home... which I would guess is probably about 7 more than most people.

"Brushes" is the software, it costs I think $9, and there's no jiggery pokery as you put it in the vid.

http://www.brushesapp.com/

Anyway, cool to hear that you can do a painting, just like that, with such ease, on your computers if you so wished.

thumbsup

Quote:
Apple has just posted a press release to let everyone know it will be releasing its iPad tablet in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore this Friday.

At last hey, mokuyoubi.
Originally Posted By: sunrise
I know that artist personally, very cool guy, 100% authentic, davidkassan.com

That painting demo was originally streamed online live to a group of people.

Very cool.

So you got it ordered thurs?

It's a micro SIM, so cannot move it over from the Iphone. I would need the carrier buggers to get me a micro sim. That would mean micro sim with my same number. And since my contract has ended, I'll start looking around too for a carrier with the sexy lady delivery option.

Grey Ipads have been around for a long time. The mental otakus would already be spent. NERDS. I reckon I can walk in and get my baby no hassle.

Now, need a thread to recommend Apps.

Originally Posted By: thursday
Grey Ipads have been around for a long time. The mental otakus would already be spent. NERDS. I reckon I can walk in and get my baby no hassle.

Nah, they'll want a properly colored one too.